Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the Original Trilogy on DVD

• 13-04-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought the Original Trilogy boxset to watch over Easter and introduce two of my nieces to them.
    It's a crap release, isn't it.
    We get commentaries on the special editions and disc 2 is the original version ( letterboxed and in stereo - yuck ) - and a Lego Star Wars II demo & trailer.
    Was George Lucas attempting to make the theatrical release as bad as possible?
    I love the special editions, but it's a bit childish, treating the originals like that!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I usually buy most of the various SW re-releases but I passed on this one because of it being non-anamorphic (letterboxed as you say). It just seemed a step too far. I've no doubt (despite all Lucas's faux-protests) they'll someday do a proper release of the original versions (prob for the blu-ray release) but until that point I'm happy enough with downloads of them.

That said tho OP if you're hunting for ST OT DVD's with good extras I would recommend you pick up the special edition release from 2004. There is a documentary on there called "The Empire of Dreams" which imho is the definitive documentary on the story of the original trilogy. Also at 2.5 hours it's enough entertainment for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I still have my panned and scanned VHS tapes of the original trilogy. :cool:

I think I've got two different versions on DVD, the special editions and the one that had the special edition and the original versions. I've not looked at them for ages tho' and never looked at the extras! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How much did you pay for the boxset?

Advertisement