Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in bayside

Options
  • 13-04-2009 6:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭

UPC sent around leaflets in my area saying they were now available for order, however, when I check their website, it tells me somewhat conflicting reports.

There's no bayside in the list so if I select:

Other, it tells me nothing is available.

Sutton, it tells me only digital tv is available.

Baldoyle, it tells me digital and broadband is available

Donaghmede, it tells me everything is available.

My question is:

Has anyone in Bayside gotten broadband from them yet?

Why isn't it on their list, and yet they send around leaflets?

Thanks

Comments

the only way is to ring up UPC give your address and they will check it.

The online checking is totally unreliable, i know its not available in baldoyle, but it is 5 mins up the road in donaghmede.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm in Bayside and am curious about this too. NTL are digging up everywhere and laying cables between all the houses, so they could have sent around the leaflets in preperation of having everything ready to go soon.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Magnet are available in Sutton (the exchange) for ADSL2+ (up to 24Mb).

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Iam in Bayside and also waiting...

@Magnet (Rory)

iam on magnet in Bayside....and 6.5mb is max speed that Magnet can supply!!!

cramp wrote: »

@Magnet (Rory)

That could be a poor line or you could be a long way from the exchange, have you confirmed this with our customer service guys?

If not send me a PM with your details and i can get one of the guys to have a look at your line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

cramp wrote: »

@Magnet (Rory)

ditto in glasnevon the most magnet can supply is 5mb

etcetc wrote: »
    ditto in glasnevon the most magnet can supply is 5mb

This is not strictly true, all lines have different specifications, while you may only be capable of 5Mb another person in glasnevin may be able to receive over 20Mb.

Ok rory i will PM u,
    and yes i have conatcted CS a few times regarding this!!!

cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

This is not strictly true, all lines have different specifications, while you may only be capable of 5Mb another person in glasnevin may be able to receive over 20Mb.

ok can that other person in glasnevin or anybody else in glasnevin provide their line stats

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

cisk wrote: »
    ...i know its not available in baldoyle, but it is 5 mins up the road in donaghmede.
    did you check recently?

I have a mate in baldoyle who has ntl broadband, so either he's telling me fibs and actually lives in donaghmede and just didn't want to admit it, or they've done the upgrades there too.

it's gott o be worth a check though, either way.

also, just like to mention YAY! first time since i've been with ntl i broke the 19mbps barrier on a speedtest! :D

489713530.png

mind you, i did do it at 7:40am on a saturday morning. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 noswod

cisk wrote: »
    i know its not available in baldoyle

i'm in bladoyle and have had broadband for the last 2 years.
    I got the telephone service in at christmas eventually getting rid of ericom

thnks rory for replying...

But iam still stuck on 6.5mb!

Spoke to Ntl friday, and theyt siad taht the line work was "supposed" to be completed by teh end of last month....!!!

cramp

etcetc wrote: »
    ok can that other person in glasnevin or anybody else in glasnevin provide their line stats

Upstream / Downstream

Actual line bitrate 1365 / 24004 Kbps
    Attainable bitrate 1444 / 26365 Kbps
    Actual bitrate 1356 / 23960 Kbps

Heres one.

anyone have a update in Bayside/sutton???

Advertisement