Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get a good quality and size banner made for gigging band?!

Options
  • 13-04-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Im looking for ideas as to how or where i would get a Banner either printed or made for a gigging band? It would have to be at least 10ft by maybe 6ft (to take up the whole background of a stage). The banner itself would be simple enough (one colour backround, one colour band name in huge writing with a logo on) but it would probably have to be freestanding (with poles on the back??) or have the ability to tie it to something on-stage? Anyone have any ideas or exp. with same?! All help greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭S-Murph

Have you considered making one yourself?

With only two colours it shouldnt be too difficult. A bit of ply wood, masking tape to stencil something out and spray paint can turn out quite well. Here's one I made last year (sorry about size)...

DSCF1009.jpg

Or, you could maybe try something like this free software for 'rasterizing'. Using it, just do up a graphic on the computer and the rasterizer blows it up to be printed in A4 segments (in whatever dimentions you want) which you put together (maybe plaster it onto plywood). As far as I know, they can also rasterize in colour. So depending where you'd print (and how much your willing to pay), it would be cheaper than getting a big banner made up.

Rasterizer (there are other free rasterizers out there too)...

http://www.rasterizer.de/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 julmagic

www.bandbanners.co.uk.
    They're not as expensive as any of the irish places we managed to find, and it's not one of those tarpaulin type banners. this place do a banner with the logo dyed into it, in a flexible fabric.
    we had a 2mx1m done up coz we already had a black backdrop and just wanted the logo but they'll pretty much whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Hi Julmagic,

Its been ages since you reccommeded www.bandbanners.co.uk and we got a delivery this morning of our banner. We are absolutely over the moon - its fabulous! Many, many thanks for your reccommendation and drop in on us if you hear were gigging in your area.

The Autumn Commission

(Keep an eye out on the bandbanner's website, we were asked to send on photos of it for their website!) Many thanks again. Much appreciated :D

Advertisement