Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dubluc

Tis on it alright. The motorways are complete according to Garmin!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Dubluc wrote: »
    Tis on it alright. The motorways are complete according to Garmin!

I updated it the other day however, I've lost all of Dublin and county. I have all of Ireland and Europe but Dublin has disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Dublin gone, no feckin harm, checked last night and 2012.30 was not available for download

Double checked on the map installer, Dublin is in it's own little map area now, so had to reload all the maps back on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭Alun

skodacb wrote: »
    Double checked on the map installer, Dublin is in it's own little map area now, so had to reload all the maps back on
    It has been for quite some time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 fonzie01

i was a bit late downloading 2012.30 but have noticed quite a few improvements this time in the way of estates and sections of road. Even kilcoole in wicklow has been completed finally with the addition of new estates and even some estates that have been there for 20 or 30 years by the looks of them. One question though, why is the speed limit on the m50 still read 120kph on the sat nav when all of it is 100kph for quite a while now.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

fonzie01 wrote: »
    i was a bit late downloading 2012.30 but have noticed quite a few improvements this time in the way of estates and sections of road. Even kilcoole in wicklow has been completed finally with the addition of new estates and even some estates that have been there for 20 or 30 years by the looks of them. One question though, why is the speed limit on the m50 still read 120kph on the sat nav when all of it is 100kph for quite a while now.?

Have you reported the error to Navteq? Things get changed quicker if people report errors!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

when will the next update be? Just a matter of interest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They are roughly every 3 months with Garmin & TomTom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

teednab-el wrote: »
    when will the next update be? Just a matter of interest.

Garmin update should be due around February next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

garydubh wrote: »
    So you have 30 days after first use (this is recorded on the device and GPS gives accurate time/date too) to register the unit and download the latest map update from "myGarmin".

The first fix date can be 'edited' assuming you've never registered the unit and obviously never taken an update.
    garydubh wrote: »
    FYI - Garmin are finalising purchase of Navigon so Garmin Apps for smartphones (with maps loaded - no phone coverage or data charges) not long away now!

Seeing as they're owned by a mobile phone company who has had a similar product for years, why are they having to buy one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

MYOB wrote: »
    Seeing as they're owned by a mobile phone company who has had a similar product for years, why are they having to buy one?

It's Navteq that's owned by Nokia, not Garmin. Garmin are a public company.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

testicle wrote: »
    It's Navteq that's owned by Nokia, not Garmin. Garmin are a public company.

Indeed. I was in the office for the first time in two weeks and that shut down part of my brain, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

New Garmin map update 2012.40 now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

Has anyone ever had issues downloading additional maps..

I purchased the most recent UK & Ireland maps and I cannot download them.. I am trying to save to an SD card to put into the Nuvi 265w but the download freezes..

Anyone got any ideas?? have contacted Garmin product support but they dont seem to care about my problem:mad:

it freezes saying

Device ready for download
    Checking compatibility
    Index 0, Size 0

Well I put on all of Europe over the weekend and I shouldn't have bothered at all, nothing added by the looks of it well not any new estates or estates that have been around 5 years still not have been added(Waterford/
    Kilkenny) since the last time, speed limits for the old national roads still remain at 62' instead of 50' Hopefully when 2013.1 comes out it'll be a more definitive update

skodacb wrote: »
    Well I put on all of Europe over the weekend and I shouldn't have bothered at all, nothing added by the looks of it well not any new estates or estates that have been around 5 years still not have been added(Waterford/
    Kilkenny) since the last time, speed limits for the old national roads still remain at 62' instead of 50' Hopefully when 2013.1 comes out it'll be a more definitive update

You might have another issue, I have driven the Waterford areas and all speed limits and safety camera alerts are fine except from Rhu Glen back to first waterford bypass roundabout which says 50 when its 100, all around Waterford city OK and on ring road around to Ardkeen OK. (no idea about housing estates though)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get lifetime map updates for Europe. Garmins website is £ 74.99 but Amazon do them for £ 54.99.
    Is there any other website that I should check out to get them cheaper ? Thanks for the help.
    Tweaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

New Garmin map update 2012.40 now available.

Trying to update via lifetime updater and I only want the Irish maps. (No SD Card) But it seems to want to only update the whole of Europe. Keeps freezing, probably because I don't have enough room.
    Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Save the maps on to your PC and then add them to the unit using the Map Install utility to just load the area you want.

• Advertisement

Tried that, but for some reason the Garmin Lifetime Updater only gives me the option to install straight to device. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

When you open Lifetime Updater click on settings button on bottom left. Select Installation on the sub menu and click on the Install to Computer Only button. Or is this what doesn't show up for you?

It shows up, I get the three options, but it won't let me change them.
    Anyway, I saved the map from the temp folder and have loaded the UK & Ireland part via the Mapinstall thingy. Have checked and it says that I am using the Uk and Ireland 2012.40 so must be ok. :)

Looks a bit funny though, not much detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

Europe 2013.10 now available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

eddiem10 wrote: »
    Europe 2013.10 now available.

Is the M50/N3 correct on it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BostonB wrote: »
    Is the M50/N3 correct on it now?
    I've never used that junction myself, but comparing the layout on 2013.10 with OSM, they look the same, and OSM is usually pretty up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

2013.20 now available (as mentioned by tweaky in another thread)

Who can spot what's new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Are the Galway roundabouts updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^ No

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Map update 2013.30 now available

Advertisement