Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I was going through my Garmin. I will try the web updater now. I wasn't offered an update but it should be available under their map guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I was going through my Garmin. I will try the web updater now. I wasn't offered an update but it should be available under their map guarantee.

It's possible you've already updated [even unintentionally] but the site should say update available [for which you'd be charged extra for].

Garmin are usually pretty good about theses things for the new user, so don't be afraid to contact them. ;)

gbee wrote: »
    It's possible you've already updated [even unintentionally] but the site should say update available [for which you'd be charged extra for].

Garmin are usually pretty good about theses things for the new user, so don't be afraid to contact them. ;)

sent them an e-mail, thanks for the help

Garmin got back to me with a code to download the new maps. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Garmin got back to me with a code to download the new maps. Thanks for the help.

Ensure that your unit has Loc8 Codes - should be loaded already or you can get for free if just purchased - see what units are supported and get an unlock here:

• Advertisement

garydubh wrote: »
    Ensure that your unit has Loc8 Codes - should be loaded already or you can get for free if just purchased - see what units are supported and get an unlock here:

I have already done that but thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is the M50/N3 junction updated on the latest Garmin maps? Someone in the family just bought a Garmin, and the junction isn't updated on it. It still thinks theres a roundabout at Blanchardstown. Which is entirely confusing for people who think a GPS should just know about these things.

I tried updating it, but its not showing any new maps for it. Its a Garmin Nuvi 1300 and the maps info says CN Europe NT 2011.10 [1] UK & Ireland.

Now updated to CN Europe NT 2011.40 and M50/N3 still not updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not touched in 2011.40. Neither is any of the new M3 there.

Thats pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

BostonB wrote: »
    Now updated to CN Europe NT 2011.10 and M50/N3 still not updated.
    If the unit is new you should have been offered 2011.40 under the NuMaps Guarantee system.

Sorry that was a typo.

2011.40 and M50/N3 still not updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

Sorry that was a typo.

2011.40 and M50/N3 still not updated.

The Limerick Tunnel and two sections of the M7 are not on this latest version either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just noticed that my housing estate (built in 2006/7 ish) has now changed from being shown as a stub to having the internal roads marked... and yet my mapreporter report for it is still open, as are some other much easier ones nearby (a single letter typo, for instance).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I was just going to purchase the lifetime update because I thought they would have the M3 on it by now...
    I wonder how long will it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Limerick Tunnel and two sections of the M7 are not on this latest version either.

The last section of the M9 - Carlow to Knocktopher is also missing. It opened on Sept 9th 2010 so it's ironic that it's missing from a map update that calls itself '2011.40'.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1300 on Friday and have been trying to update the maps. I've gone in through mygarmin and tried my dashboard as well it identifies that there are updates available but only gives me the option to buy, no free update - any ideas what i'm doing wrong :D

Not entirely sure. I think had to download the webupdater to get the updates.

Not entirely sure. I think had to download the webupdater to get the updates.

How do i do that :o ETA my friend google found it :)

No joy, software is up to date - i updated that on Friday after i registered but the map version is still NT 2011.10?

• Advertisement

I can't remember what I used or in what order but I downloaded

WebUpdater_242
    CommunicatorPlugin_293
    GarminMapUpdater_v2.5.17

Tried all of that and still no joy :( I've emailed the support centre to see what the story is.

Should be as easy as an iPod. Dunno what stuff these guys are smoking, that make people jump through hoops.

Should be as easy as an iPod. Dunno what stuff these guys are smoking, that make people jump through hoops.

Or get them to pay for the update :rolleyes::D

Well I can understand after a year or two, a fee to get the latest updates. But something you've just bought and registered, it should be as simple as pie and free.

The one I was updating isn't mine. I was updating it for someone in the family. Even with the latest update its no more current than my Nokia phone, which I updated about a year ago for free. That was another nightmare. That needed triathlon of updates.

True, it's frustrated the hell out of me all afternoon. I assumed a new sat nav would have the up to date maps till i set out for Dublin from Galway on Saturday morning to discover i was driving through fields since the new motorway doesn't exist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

is the M6 on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Can someone clarify this for me please.

Are the updates received from garmin a complete copy of the maps or just additional updates since the last release.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

AFAIK the entire map is over written with a new one.

Advertisement