Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.avi file is giving me perfect sound but no video

• 13-04-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi!
    I'm trying to play a DL'd .avi file on WMP and it's giving me perfect sound but no video, G-Spot tells me all the codecs are in perfect order... I've tried WMP classic & Quicktime and it won't work. Do I need X-Vid? I have the K-Lite Codec Pack but not the faintest idea of how to use it...
    Please help!
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Get VLC

Install

and enjoy

Its the dogs Bollox.

Windows

Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Yeah the VLC player is really good!

Also, are you sure its a video file? I dont mean to sound patronising but an avi file is capable of being used purely as a music file. It doesn't necessarily have to contain video elements though it is perfectly capable of doing so!

You should check out the divX converter as well to convert avi into high quiality blah blah... here is the link!

I think it comes as a free trial to start..

Hope this helps. ;)

Advertisement