Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

childs hairdressers

• 13-04-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good one for doing a childs hair?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

was looking at this for a while and it's killing me i can't remember the name of the barber shop i'm thinking of :o

It's at the end of tullow street, near that new building at the crossroads. I know the barber shop has two female names but be damned if i can think of them :(

think one of them is "sheehan"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

RedXIV wrote: »
    was looking at this for a while and it's killing me i can't remember the name of the barber shop i'm thinking of :o

It's at the end of tullow street, near that new building at the crossroads. I know the barber shop has two female names but be damned if i can think of them :(

think one of them is "sheehan"?

crap meant to say fo my daughter sorry.. thanks though and yeh thats annemarie and taras your on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

patrickc wrote: »
    crap meant to say fo my daughter sorry.. thanks though and yeh thats annemarie and taras your on about

you're getting the thanks for putting my mind at rest :D

I'm afraid i can't help for girls hair :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Two that I use for my little one, the one underneath Haddens are excellent.

And the other one I use a lot is beside Toughers, opposite the Centra beside the CU.

Both of them are excellent and are very reasonable

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Two that I use for my little one, the one underneath Haddens are excellent.

And the other one I use a lot is beside Toughers, opposite the Centra beside the CU.

Both of them are excellent and are very reasonable

deadly thanks queen:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

my personal recommendation is martina who now works out of a converted studio in her front room, very good. cheap too. she charges me €8 for a dry cut and style. cheapest i have found for my hair. want the number?

aynon wrote: »
    my personal recommendation is martina who now works out of a converted studio in her front room, very good. cheap too. she charges me €8 for a dry cut and style. cheapest i have found for my hair. want the number?

yeh will you pm me her details, where shes based etc thanks

pm in the works now

let me know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi

Nikkis beside abrakebabra charge €12.00 for a childs hair cut. I have been bringing my 5 year old daughter and 4 year old son there since their first hair cut and the staff are brilliant, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY !!!, my kids love getting their hair cut there. :)

I can PM you there number if you like. I get my hair done their too, and they are brilliant, believe me, they have fixed some SERIOUS mistakes made by other hairdressers in Carlow, that I will not be mentioning. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

carolinei wrote: »
    Hi

Nikkis beside abrakebabra charge €12.00 for a childs hair cut. I have been bringing my 5 year old daughter and 4 year old son there since their first hair cut and the staff are brilliant, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY !!!, my kids love getting their hair cut there. :)

I can PM you there number if you like. I get my hair done their too, and they are brilliant, believe me, they have fixed some SERIOUS mistakes made by other hairdressers in Carlow, that I will not be mentioning. :mad: :mad: :mad:

12 euros is a lot for a child's haircut. A barber's during the week would charge a fiver for a boy.
    And the one's I said for the girls charge €7 - 10 euro depending on the day of the week and the weather. It does seem to be very random the prices they charge.
    I have been charged €7 for the one beside where Supervalu used to be and €8 for the hairdressers opposite Hickson's Centra near CU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi

These aren't just given a quick shave with a shaver, but take the time to style the hair properly and like I said, do a really good job. I went for cheap and paid for it, I would not be that again....

PatrickC also wanted a recommendation a good one for doing a child's hair, didn't say anything about price.

carolinei wrote: »
    Hi

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    12 euros is a lot for a child's haircut. A barber's during the week would charge a fiver for a boy.
    And the one's I said for the girls charge €7 - 10 euro depending on the day of the week and the weather. It does seem to be very random the prices they charge.
    I have been charged €7 for the one beside where Supervalu used to be and €8 for the hairdressers opposite Hickson's Centra near CU.

thanks caroline, and i got ger hair cut in that place beside toughers garage,simply cos its close to me. they charged 15 and did a grand job

Advertisement