Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groups in swords

Options
  • 13-04-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I know dis will sound really sad, but im trynna make friends nd get to know people cause i know nobody so does anyone know any good clubs or hobbi groups or watver round swords (not sports)?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

na mate, doesnt sound sad, i know theres a good ramblers (walking) club in swords which i can get details for if you wish. what do ya like to do? music? other interests? :)

Mark

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What sort of groups?
    What are your interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 duffster808

splinter wrote: »
    na mate, doesnt sound sad, i know theres a good ramblers (walking) club in swords which i can get details for if you wish. what do ya like to do? music? other interests? :)

Mark

cheers mark :), btw i'm 19 so if there's anythin with people my own age that'd be cool. early to mid 20s either cause a good few of my old mates wer dat age anyway. ehm wud be be up for a walking group def, i checked around nd didnt cum up wit much myself, maybe im not lookin right i dunno. Any film/book clubs be cool. used to do photography in college so anythin like that be good also. or anthin to do wit writin too cause ive done journalism courses nd stuff do. nothin to heavy though.. somethin chilled cause im a pretty shy lad anyway nd be easier to talk to be people. I appreciate ur help big time mate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

duffster, have you looked at the noticeboard at the library?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

duffster808 - Please do not use "text-speak" spelling in your posts. Thanks. HB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

cheers mark :), btw i'm 19 so if there's anythin with people my own age that'd be cool. early to mid 20s either cause a good few of my old mates wer dat age anyway. ehm wud be be up for a walking group def, i checked around nd didnt cum up wit much myself, maybe im not lookin right i dunno. Any film/book clubs be cool. used to do photography in college so anythin like that be good also. or anthin to do wit writin too cause ive done journalism courses nd stuff do. nothin to heavy though.. somethin chilled cause im a pretty shy lad anyway nd be easier to talk to be people. I appreciate ur help big time mate.

dude - Venture scouts would be perfect for you. 15-21 years old. there's a troop in Brackenstown (164th) and two in Swords, 49th and 136th.

ventrep@scouts.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

you could also try the photography forum on boards,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

they do regular meets and could be a nice place to start. there is a photography club in swords as far as i know. you could ask in Camera Cabin on swords main street (beside the bank of ireland) and they might be able to help with that side of it. I can try find out details on the ramblers later. They walk every sunday morning as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

btw i'm 19
    used to do photography in college so anythin like that be good
    or anthin to do wit writin too cause ive done journalism courses nd stuff do.

you've done a lot for a 19year old. people should be looking to hang out with you, not vice versa.

Táck wrote: »
    you've done a lot for a 19year old. people should be looking to hang out with you, not vice versa.

haha thnx man, nah it seems to me everyone just seems to already be in their own set groups with people they've known for years. hard to be the new guy in the group ye know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

no

• Advertisement

what?:o

Advertisement