Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troubleshooting - Xbox 360 - No picture

• 13-04-2009 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

Got a problem with my Xbox 360. Have had it 3 yrs and never had a major issue like this. Playing away happily this morning and the colours started to go a bit weird - blue tinges everywhere. Problem just got worse and worse with fogging and polygoning. So first port of call - turned it off and back on again.

No picture, no sound. Cue panic. (No ring of death)

Changed TV - same issue. Moved from HD component to video component. No picture.

Reset to factory settings (hold right trigger and Y during boot up). Video improved so started playing again. Within a minute graphics had deteriorated and had to restart.

Left machine unplugged for a half hour to cool - long shot. No help.

My cables are plugged in correctly. My switch is set to HDTV and the cable is plugged into the HD component sockets.

Anyone ever had this problem before? What solution did you come up with (please tell me there is one!)?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there any of the lights lit up around the ring when this happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Revan

No red lights - only the usual green ones (full circle run then flash, then settle to player 1 light).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

i had that on my first xbox..

that's the graphics chip about to fail...

will eventually give a 74 error...

something to do with the gpu scaler or something... mine was only a couple of weeks old so brought it back for a replacement, microsoft were a nightmare to deal with it about it, not sure if they cover that under the 3 years warranty thing......

still having issues - going to have to go back to microsoft although it's probably too old.

Is there a trick to taking out the hard drive? I'll want to keep that and put it in the replacement I get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I had the same issue. Had to get it repaired. Cost me 60 euros. I think what happens is the GPU comes loose, basically a pre-cursor to the RROD.

Going to call Microsoft today cos their email system is too much hassle - keeps telling me I am sending the message to a Spanish support centre although I am clicking 'Ireland' every time!

Does anyone know if there is a local (Dublin) repair centre for Xbox? You know, like Apple have these approved repair centres around the place?

Advertisement