Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 on three in may?

• 13-04-2009 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hi there, was in the three shop on Patrick st, Cork at the weekend about changing a phone. One of the guys in there who seemed to be informed on the phone front said there were getting the N97 exclusively in may, I was so dumb struck I just walked out of the shop in a daze, could it be true. Have you guys heard the same? or it is just the usual BS, as I have read the N97 would not be out till June and likely on O2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its a load of bee ess. you'll always be able to buy a N97 sim free even if it were true. it would be a stupid move on nokia's part to join up to these exclusive deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I will only believe it when i see it. Three have more a history of being later then other operators with phone releases. I would be very surprised if they had it next month, if they do would be the last day of may. Its due in june and more towards the end of it from what ive heard.

And the only way it could be exclusive to three is if they do get it in may, slightly before the other operators. Cant see why three would get the exclusiveness. They haven't got many nokia high-end phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They had an exclusive on the n96 when that came out, also had the 6500 exclusive when that was launched. They were also due to have the 6600 exclusive until they decided to drop it because it kept failing network testing and got the c905 exclusive and the c510 was launched on 3 weeks before any other network had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I would hope so, but Nokia themselves say it's not out til June, and it'll probably be at least a month before it filters down to major carriers.

The sooner the better, I need this phone so bad. Can't quench my thirst for info enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Walkman wrote: »
    They had an exclusive on the n96 when that came out, also had the 6500 exclusive when that was launched. They were also due to have the 6600 exclusive until they decided to drop it because it kept failing network testing and got the c905 exclusive and the c510 was launched on 3 weeks before any other network had it.

Well they must be improving there time frame then. I remember they had a nightmare with the N95. The N96 was dead before it launched because of the N95.

Are you going to confirm that they will be launching the N97 next month? Or was that just sales talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

real_484 wrote: »
    hi there, was in the three shop on Patrick st, Cork at the weekend about changing a phone. One of the guys in there who seemed to be informed on the phone front said there were getting the N97 exclusively in may, I was so dumb struck I just walked out of the shop in a daze, could it be true. Have you guys heard the same? or it is just the usual BS, as I have read the N97 would not be out till June and likely on O2.

Would it have been Drunkmonkeys shop?:eek:
    Ah Watch gets a slap on the wrist!

Doubt they'll have it in May to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Would it have been Drunkmonkeys shop?:eek:

i'm advising a 5/6 week lead time on the n97 on 3, and yes I just made up the time scale myself, don't think i'll be 2 far off the mark..;)

Just for you Ah Watch : http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/2/6/633695463449611430-bitchslap.jpg :)

i'd be putting my money on 3 for the exclusive, o2 have the iphone, vodafone have the storm/google phone, 3 would be the obvious choice if you wanted your product to gain center stage on all national advertising...

Davy wrote: »
    Well they must be improving there time frame then. I remember they had a nightmare with the N95. The N96 was dead before it launched because of the N95.

Are you going to confirm that they will be launching the N97 next month? Or was that just sales talk

Im not go a position to confirm anything on behalf of 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

just do what I do Walkman, make it up, it's not like anybody believes what the read on the internet anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

just do what I do Walkman, make it up, it's not like anybody believes what the read on the internet anyway:D
    Awwww :(

• Advertisement

Ha ha never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

i don't really believe this but figured i should pass it on..

a friend who works for apple, says o2 have offered it (maybe he meant pre order) to certain business customers?

Advertisement