Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler not working

• 13-04-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there I have recently moved house and have never used a boiler so up to date. Its a Sirrus RS 20 E. It takes forever to heat the water and the heaters dont work at all. I can feel the water pipes near the boiler are always boiling hot but it doesnt appear to go any further. The rads are all switched on at the stop taps so I just have no idea what the problem could be :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you have a thermostat (in the hall or another room)? Is it turned up? Turn the thermostat up full and see what happens.

Is the system pressurised? Locate the pressure gauge and see what it reads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Either there is a room thermostat which is turned down, or most likely, the water circulating pump has stuck, or packed in completely.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Yu_Stin_Ki_Pu

Thanks guys I checked the thermostat and they were all turned up and the rads were all on. I ended up calling bord gais and they sent someone out. Apparently there is a faulty valve in the tank so I have to get someone to repair it. Also there was a minor gas leak regarding the cooker but the gas is all off and now just waiting for someone to come out.

Advertisement