Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate Beach...

Options
  • 13-04-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

What's it like during the week...? Would there be many people doing watersports etc.?

I'm hoping to go up with my horse this week and wanted to know if there was anything I should try and be prepared for before we go! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

FYI
    A Person/s shall be allowed to have, keep, ride or drive a horse/pony on a beach/foreshore during the period 1st of June to 31st August in any year before the hours of 11.00am and after the hours of 8.00pm.
    Persons are permitted to bring horses on a beach/foreshore all other days any time of the day during the months of :
    January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November, & December,
    Except on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays – between the hours of 11.00am and 8.00pm. (See Schedule 1 Attached)

Persons in charge of a horse/pony on a beach/foreshore shall ensure the following:-

It is under adequate control;
    It is not causing annoyance to any person using the beach/foreshore or worrying, chasing, injuring or disturbing any animals, birds or other creatures on the beach;
    Removal of its faeces and depositing it in a litter bin or other receptacle which may be designated for this purpose.
    Horse-riding takes place below mean high water mark, except for the purposes of obtaining access to or egress from the beach/foreshore.
    Horses are prohibited in SAC and SPA’s except where bridle paths are provided.
    Horse Polo Practice is not permitted without the consent of the Council.

(This bye-law does not apply to horses kept by An Garda Síochána and wholly used by an employee or member of An Garda Síochána while on duty).

A person shall not have, keep, ride or drive a horse/pony on a beach/foreshore at any time if having regard to the number of persons using the beach/foreshore at that time, it could endanger or be construed to endanger the safety of those persons.

Every person bringing a horse or pony onto the beach/foreshore area shall be responsible and liable for any damage or injury to property or persons which may be caused by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I've already read through that... I presume I'll get a lot of replies to this thread with people saying horses shouldn't be allowed on the beach :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Alibear wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go up with my horse this week and wanted to know if there was anything I should try and be prepared for before we go! :p

The beach has plenty of room, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thelionspet

Bluetonic... thanks so much for that information. I didn't know the before 11am law applied to only the 'summer' months.. not being an early riser.. that's nice to know... THANKS again!

Enjoy your ride, beach is great.... Just a cautionary note regarding your vehicle. Don't leave anything valuable or that you love in it... Theives really target them, we were robbed up at Laytown and they stole my PICNIC bag... plus all the coins.. spoils a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Seeing as you are raising a four year old thread, its not just summer months, its any Saturday and Sunday or public holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

@ thelionspet - please don't dig up old threads.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement