Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference

Options
  • 13-04-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Alone with the P226 i am saving up for i am going to save for the MP5 aswell but whats the difference between the normal MP5 and the MP5SD:confused:

If anyone knows can you tell us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the sd part means built in suppressed barel! (has built in silencer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

thats it......
    so the isent really much difference other then looks:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

mle1324 wrote: »
    thats it......
    so the isent really much difference other then looks:cool:

The SD is slightly quieter. Not much but a small difference.

The SD is slightly quieter. Not much but a small difference.

do you have one:o (not been smart)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

No but have been in a skirmish where I was using a JG MP5A4 and the person beside me was using a JG MP5SD5 and noticed a difference in the loudness. One thing to watch out for if you get either MP5 if it is by JG is that the selectors can be dodgy on both MP5s.

• Advertisement

this one that shive has in his shop

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=3&products_id=23

would this be the one to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Not too familiar with the JG, but I did have a TM MP5 SD and still has a CA MP5. On the SD, the suppressor is a twist on/off and the handguard is built around it. I found it difficult putting in a large battery and you can't really attach any nozzle devices on it (e.g. other silencer and tracer unit). On the standard MP5, you get a small adaptor for silencers.

For the record, TM, better built and the selector switch clicks into place nicely. CA, more metal parts, had it for more than four years and went through over 10,000 bbs and the only problem I have is the selector switch. Sometime I have problem clicking it to semi-auto.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    Not too familiar with the JG, but I did have a TM MP5 SD and still has a CA MP5. On the SD, the suppressor is a twist on/off and the handguard is built around it. I found it difficult putting in a large battery and you can't really attach any nozzle devices on it (e.g. other silencer and tracer unit). On the standard MP5, you get a small adaptor for silencers.

For the record, TM, better built and the selector switch clicks into place nicely. CA, more metal parts, had it for more than four years and went through over 10,000 bbs and the only problem I have is the selector switch. Sometime I have problem clicking it to semi-auto.

thanks for that information,i will keep that in mind when i go to buy one,but it wont be for a while after buying that pistol

another option is a galaxy mp5 pdw and screw a silencer on,,,,,, ultra reliable!!

thermo wrote: »
    another option is a galaxy mp5 pdw and screw a silencer on,,,,,, ultra reliable!!

just been looking at that on eirsoft and have to say that it is not a bad looking aeg at all,i keep that one in mind to:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

the galaxys imo are THE most reliable mp5's around!! i likr them so much iv 2!! :D

thermo wrote: »
    the galaxys imo are THE most reliable mp5's around!! i likr them so much iv 2!! :D

would that be this one:

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=54

yep thats the one!

Advertisement