Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a House that Has Dry Dash/ Pebble Dash

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

My house has red brick and to the front and is then white with dry dash/pebble dash to the top front, sides and back. The area under the dash is white. It was built about 12 years ago.

Anyway, I was wondering how the dry dash/pebble dash areas can be painted? Can they just be painted white over the stones? Do those areas have to be spray painted or what?

Its just that areas of the wall have become marked by general wear and tear (and also one section has gone orange from the boiler) so I wanted to tidy things up this Summer.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You dont need to spray over dash..it creates problems like you need a scaffold and the wind blowing spray etc.
    You can paint over the dash using a masonry paint brush and some masonry paint,something like dulux weathershield.
    Work the paint into the dash with the brush.
    It'll probably need two coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

hi lemlim

yes the weathershield will do the sills and surrounds perfect..

also l would'nt spray the dashing a good 4 inch brush and a deep pile rollar is what l'd use..

to be honest with ya painting pebble dash is hard work l'd recomend
    you get a local painter to give you a hand.
    someone who would be more experienced on a ladder.

I'd say with the way things are you get a lad no problem to help you out on a daily wage.

good luck with the job..

Im gona have to start charging you for these replys :p

Advertisement