Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Next Top Model

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Judging by the responses in the Secret Shame thread over on the regular tv page, I know there are several of you out there addicted to this franchise, so I'm gonna start the BNTM thread.

ATNM is now over, the clash of the Monica Bing V Southpark's Butters can be buried in tv history and wikipedia.

First off for BNTM, going by the ads for it so far, will we have the away leg of the trip going to Iraq or Afghanistan? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i have to admit, i like the ad, but i've only liked one series of the show and that's when abigail clancy was on it.

but what irk's me is that all the girls are too big to be models, and are all common ! and lisa snowdon isn't a model...at all !! now that we've seen twiggy be so good on america's next top model they should dump lisa and hire her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Well, they're off. 9.03pm and we have had our first teary "I work so hard to keep my family together, blub blub blub"

Two mums of 20 so far, the first one gave us the blubbing. The second one thinks being a single mum is easy.

There are a couple of decent looking girls in the crowd anyway, looking forward to the first photo shoot. The physiotherapist girl is by far the prettiest.

I feel slightly sleazy now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

The Mrs thinks there's only 2 or 3 pretty girls, rest are horrible.

Plus she can't stand Lisa "air brushed" snowdon. Least the Dragon

Paula Hamilition isnt in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started ANTM early last season and watched it when I had a chance (good old Sky+). Haven't watched BNTM yet, but one thing that struck me about the ad was how much makeup Lisa Snowdon was wearing. She had that stuff applied with a trowel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Don't think Lisa Snowdon is that nice either, most of the girls look so much better in their photos yet she doesn't look any different for some reason. Tyra Banks is getting a bit plump though she still takes a fantastic photo. What's your one Huggy like? The female gremlin in Gremlins 2, that's what she looks like. The cheek of her criticising anyone else, her with her ridiculously enlarged lips and the too long hair for an auld one.
    db0bc623b2641de2 f3ca2085a5537b2a

Separated at birth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

The models in the Irish show are much prettier and more like real models than the girls on BNTM.

I don't know, had a quick peek at the Irish one last night and they are very pretty, quite young aswell. The British ones though do photograph very well. The one with the curly hair bares absolutely no resemblance to her real life looks in the photos! She's quite chav.

Anyway, good to see last night's show delivered a treat for the husbands/boyfriends of the women that like to watch the programme! Next week, there's even more, with some girl-on-girl action. All very upmarket though, it's fashion dahhhhling...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last nights show was a surprise to me...
    You'd never see topless modelling on ANTM, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Mr E wrote: »
    Last nights show was a surprise to me...
    You'd never see topless modelling on ANTM, thats for sure.

But there is usually some 'tasteful nudity' in there somewhere. :P

Nah, there's no way they would ever show that much on ANTM. They often do nude photos, but everything is covered, and whatever isn't, they blur out. Different attitudes, I guess.

• Advertisement

Was glad Chloe and Ashley were kept at the end. I like them too.

I actually thought last night's ending was a bit of a cop-out. Not really sure why they're keeping Chloe in. She seems very bubbly and a nice enough girl, but she doesn't really look like a model.

The row between her and Analise (is that her name??) was really OTT on the dance instructor's part. Why come storming down, making comments about the extractor fan? A sane person would have just asked them to use the extractor fan in a calm way, not storming around like a moody teenager.

So, we've nudity, lesbian kissing, what next??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A £20000 fine from Ofcom for breaching the prewatershed broadcasting codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Bond-007 wrote: »
    A £20000 fine from Ofcom for breaching the prewatershed broadcasting codes.

Oops!

Has been pretty risqué so far though between the nude posing and the same sex snogging.

Just seems to paint a rather shady picture of the industry in such a condensed amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Who is your one with the giant lip?

ANTM is way way better

I missed the show this week, can anyone tell me who went? A physical description may be needed also, I can't remember their names...

ANTM is starting to grate on my nerves though, it seems to be less about who looks like a model and more about who fits in with Ms. Meglomaniac's idea of "model personality". At least with the UK one, Lisa Snowden isn't tooooooo overly trite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

2 went last week... Chloe the Liverpool girl and Kasey the black girl with the short hair.....

Thanks, Thumpette. Was Kasey the dancer one? She is very irritating, but I've a bad feeling that it wasn't her :mad:

No it was the one who started off with really long hair extensions. She got it cut short during the makeover week. Pretty face, though they said she wasn't anything special in the photo. Think I saw Chloe in a fashion feature in last weeks Take Your Pick magazine.

Advertisement