Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea....

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Right... I had an idea... not sure if it will work, but I'm giving it a go anyway.

How many forums have you been in with the "Million Post Thread". Inevitably, this never happens.

Well, how about a forum with the singular objetive of getting a million post thread?!?

So, I've started www.themillionpostforum.com. The objective:

One Forum - One Thread - A Million Posts.

The sweetener: Posters get a 50% share in the adsense revenue.

The way I look at it - if you built up a community of 2740 people, it would only take one post per day per person to reach a million posts in a year.

Surely it can be done!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭lostprophetsie

How many 50% shares can you give ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Well, the way it would work is that ads would appear following a random post. The ad revenue for that poster then gets split 50/50. So it's not the total revenue for the site getting split 50/50, instead, the revenue associated with each post with an ad following is split 50/50 on and individual basis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

How can you gaurentee any income from the adsense for that persons post or any for that matter. Doesnt it require someone to click on that particular ad (or any) before any money is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's like "The Producers" all over again.....though it didn't work out too well for them :)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

My advice would be to invest your time and effort into something which is more likely to get you rich quick. Like doing the Lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Axwell wrote: »
    How can you gaurentee any income from the adsense for that persons post or any for that matter. Doesnt it require someone to click on that particular ad (or any) before any money is made.

No one is guaranteeing any income - only that whatever income does result from clicks on ads following a persons' post gets split 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

It's incentivised clicks - not allowed per Adsense publisher terms.

You would probably have to use CPA advertisers such as those on Commission Junction for this to work. You can then check the terms for each advertiser on CJ to see what's allowed. They will be mostly for sales based commissions though, which isn't as attractive to visitors as just clicking a link..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

If you get 1000 posts on a day, and adsense says you got 100 clicks.... how do you know who to attribute the clicks to?

50% share of a 3c payout... hmnn meh!

Oh and how do you distribute such tiny amounts without them being swallowed up by transaction fees?

Swing and a miss I think! :P

Advertisement