Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance (online) relationships

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Ok here it goes, my best friend lives in Dublin , he's 25 single and unemployed. He is "dating" a woman from the States the past 10-12 months online who is 33 and divorced and now a single mother. I keep telling him it's a disaster give it up your 25 what the hell are you doin getting involved with a single mother half way across the world ( for the record i got no problem with single mothers) who's 8 years older than you. Is it love? obsessiion? Is she a player?

The question i ask is can anyone see this working?
    Why would a 33 year old woman divorced and a mother be doing dating a guy 8 years younger than her from ireland?
    Has anyone encountered this ever?

Fundamentally i ask what's the odds on this being fruitful and worthwhile?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dev is good, but not that good. You need to ask someone in in afterhours. Theyre sensitive and care.

here is to bitch about locked threads and terrys sexual advances

ps. Being a single mother is not akin to having AIDS. I suspect your advice is shiite hence your mate ignoring you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok here it goes, my best friend lives in Dublin , he's 25 single and unemployed. He is "dating" a woman from the States the past 10-12 months online who is 33 and divorced and now a single mother.

But, but, Which forum does she mod?

Who do we burn?????

/extinguishes torch disappointedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Whats your problem with single mothers?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Same thread locked in After Hours, another one opened in PI.

At least the OP is making it obvious that they have no idea how Boards works! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭countrybabe1

well not sure to be honest i have been in long distance relationship in ireland only and they never worked so i cant see a relationship working outside ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Dammit I was here months before I found feedback. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

5,000th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Silverfish wrote: »
    5,000th post!

Tut tut. Dont see a good 5000th post wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭countrybabe1

no sorry i didnt,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This forum is for site feedback.

OP, I'd suggest you take a closer look at the forum charters. Plus cross posting across many different forums = not a good idea :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Check reraise , it the raiser pushes then fold unless you have a good read.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement