Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC - History Research Project

Options
  • 13-04-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

:confused:Hey all,:confused:

I'm in the middle of writing up my history research project into one of those books that the department gives out to the schools. I just wanted to know if you have to write in reference points for sources in the extended essay. You know, like those little numbers after a paragraph or sentances that correspond to where you receive particular information from.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i have my essay and thats it... and thats nearly 2000 words over as it is.....we still have not being given them booklets by the teacher yet! ****....:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

no.. your not expected to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

i have my essay and thats it... and thats nearly 2000 words over as it is.....we still have not being given them booklets by the teacher yet! ****....:eek:

Just take out a few unnessesary paragraphs, I had the same problem, mine was 1,900 words and I cut it to 1,300 words. Don't worry about the other parts like evaluation of sources etc., their simple enough, only like a page long.

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Just take out a few unnessesary paragraphs, I had the same problem, mine was 1,900 words and I cut it to 1,300 words. Don't worry about the other parts like evaluation of sources etc., their simple enough, only like a page long.

oh thank od some reassurance there!! is their much more to do in the booklet? its actually ridiculous that we still have not been giving them yet and all i know is what ive picked up from the internet, but it'd be nice to have tho booklet and get used to it!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

oh thank od some reassurance there!! is their much more to do in the booklet? its actually ridiculous that we still have not been giving them yet and all i know is what ive picked up from the internet, but it'd be nice to have tho booklet and get used to it!:(

:pac: Below is a link for the marking scheme for the 2008 Leaving Cert. History higher level exam. On pages 6 - 8 of the marking scheme you will find the titles and basic layout of the research study report booklet and how it is marked. Hope it helps!! I'd say the marking scheme for 2009 will be pritty much the same. :pac:

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2008/LC004ALP000EV.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

What date does it have to be in again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

30th of April I think

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    :pac: Below is a link for the marking scheme for the 2008 Leaving Cert. History higher level exam. On pages 6 - 8 of the marking scheme you will find the titles and basic layout of the research study report booklet and how it is marked. Hope it helps!! I'd say the marking scheme for 2009 will be pritty much the same. :pac:

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2008/LC004ALP000EV.pdf

thank you!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i have my history research topic already filled in into th booklet although i am about 100 words under the limit

lads am i the onlyone who still has not got the booklet?? our school was sent pass books just before the break but no honours... we're really pushing it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's two history classes in our school. One of them didn't get any at all. I have write mine up for the 3rd fecking time.

First one I wrote it wouldn't fit cause my writing was too big :mad:

Second one was grand but, my teacher forgot to tell us there has to be a review at the end :mad: :mad:

oh god we dont even have a review or anything done! jesus we are so far behind, lots to be done this week so...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

lads am i the onlyone who still has not got the booklet?? our school was sent pass books just before the break but no honours... we're really pushing it!

What do you mean by 'pass' booklets. . . . Are they not all the same?
    Do you not write your level on the front of the booklet where indicated . . . That's what we did.One class had pink booklets,the other had blue(my class)
    oh god we dont even have a review or anything done! jesus we are so far behind, lots to be done this week so...!!!

Just as long as you have the outline,evaluation and essay done you will be grand.It only takes a few hours to write it up in the booklet.

GA361 wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'pass' booklets. . . . Are they not all the same?
    Do you not write your level on the front of the booklet where indicated . . . That's what we did.One class had pink booklets,the other had blue(my class)

Just as long as you have the outline,evaluation and essay done you will be grand.It only takes a few hours to write it up in the booklet.

Oh I am screwed! And I need an a in history! Are they all the same?? I asked the teacher for it so I could fill it in over the break and that was he excuse he gave us for not giving them to us, oh Christ!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Oh I am screwed! And I need an a in history! Are they all the same?? I asked the teacher for it so I could fill it in over the break and that was he excuse he gave us for not giving them to us, oh Christ!!

Ah you'll be grand . . . sure you have the bones of a week . . . .
    And yeah AFAIK the booklet's colour doesn't really matter as there is a space provided in which you are instructed to write down your level.

You have to get an A in history . . . Is it a course requirement?

GA361 wrote: »
    Ah you'll be grand . . . sure you have the bones of a week . . . .
    And AFAIK the booklet's colour doesn't really matter as there is a space provided in which you are instructed to write down your level.

You have to get an A in history . . . Is it a course requirement?

No it's not a requirement but I really need an a in this for my points! It is my best subject along with economics and I need them 2 to bring me up overall cos I'm very bad at physics! My history teacher lost my essay I handed to him 4 weeeks ago thank god I typed it! Half expecting he'd lose it and of have to make loads of changes!s

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My teacher still has our final drafts, he said he didn't feel like correcting them over Easter ;)

I don't mind, my extended essay is already perfect but I need to fix my waffle in the outline plan and that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ashling123

Im doing ordinary history and have my project done....but its around 1400 words :confused: i don't know what to do because all the information i have is usefull......does anyone have advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

Just handed in my history project on Jimi Hendrix...... I say to anyone that hasnt done it yet 2 do it on something really off the wall and something your interested in examiers get fed up of Hitler and Communism projects for example and could take away marks besides what are the odds the person who corrects mine is into Hendrix??

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Yeah my booklet was blue and I'm higher level, you just write higher on the front. Weird that everyone gets their booklet to write it in at home, we had a whole day of write-ups yesterday in school. It's signed and sealed and hopefully delivered now :). I highly doubt they're going to check everyone's word count it took me long enough to count mine so you might get away with lying a little ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Does the review count in the word count? I'm just under 1500 before it. If it does would around 1600 words would still be alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Does the review count in the word count? I'm just under 1500 before it. If it does would around 1600 words would still be alright?

My projects over 1600 words, apparently the 1500 mark is only a "guideline". anyway I seriously doubt an examiner would want to spend their precious time meticulously counting each word.

Advertisement