Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair styles for an interview!

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Have an interview tomorrow after being out of a job since christmas, want to make a good impression!
    do you ladies reckon i should wear my hair down or tied up?
    My hair is quite long its past my shoulders and naturally curly but can go a bit fuzzy!
    My friend recommended i tie it up as "it looks tidier" but Im not sure think it makes me look like a school girl!
    Thinking of straightening it but ive been told this doesnt really suit me!
    Opinions please!
    Thanks for any replies!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

I've always been told to wear hair up for interviews, so I tie it in a ponytail even though I normally always prefer to wear it down.

Good luck with the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Most people seem to suggest you tie it up if you're likely to play with it/touch it a lot.

If you're self-conscious about it being a little messy, I'd say tie it up, just so it's not on your mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i've my first serious job interview on thur. first one in 7 years. (been working that job for 3 and a half and the rest of time been in college) i found wearing my hair up made me look more professional. but my hair i feel is too short now so will just have to wear it down and straighten it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

having interviewed people myself, first impressions go a long way. to look as polished and as professional as you can i would definitely recommend you tieing back you hair, if its really fuzzy, put it in a bun or a plait and hairspray. or straighten it... you said it doesnt suit you but if its tied back no one is going to know. plus the interviewer isnt gonna sit there and think, wow, this girls cv is great but i dont think straight hair suits her, you know?

you need to look as clean and well presented as possible and hair down can look a little messy - depending on what the weather is like outside, so deffo, tie it back and hair spray and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Thanks for the replies, tied up it is so!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

It worked, starting on tuesday:D

Advertisement