Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufc97 Predictions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

[
    There's something about Anderson Silva i'm beginning not to like. He's starting to remind me of Thierry Henry. Yes he's fantastic, very skillful, does things in the octagon that other people can't do but he's prone to petulance due to frustration. He didn't give Leites an inch when he clearly saw he poked his eye. Next he was going for some mad looking knee stamps. i'd love to see someone with top quality kickboxing beat him now. or anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Burkatron wrote: »

So what you're saying is you're a casual fan telling Dana White how he should feel about P4P 1 of (imo) the best fighters in the world?:confused: Silva up until the Cote fight has impressively finished all his fights since his UFC debut against Chris Leben! I can definitely see where you're coming from though :rolleyes:

It's casual fans that keep the UFC going, and I'm asking if Silva sells PPVs because I sure as **** wouldn't pay to see him anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

[
    There's something about Anderson Silva i'm beginning not to like. He's starting to remind me of Thierry Henry. Yes he's fantastic, very skillful, does things in the octagon that other people can't do but he's prone to petulance due to frustration. He didn't give Leites an inch when he clearly saw he poked his eye. Next he was going for some mad looking knee stamps. i'd love to see someone with top quality kickboxing beat him now. or anyone.

Kev,
    completely agree with you on the Henry comparison. I'm starting to think Silva is bored at this stage as there's no competition for him at 185lbs! I don't agree that he should have given Leites any space after the eyepoke, that's for the ref to pick up on & it didn't effect the outcome of the fight 1 bit! I'd love to see someone put him under pressure, nevermind beat him! I doubt he'll go to 205 as he wont fight Machida if he take's the title!
    amacachi wrote: »
    It's casual fans that keep the UFC going, and I'm asking if Silva sells PPVs because I sure as **** wouldn't pay to see him anytime soon.

He's had 9 UFC fights and 7 top class displays, so yes he does sell PPV's. It's his last 2 fights that he's been like this!

Advertisement