Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing is caring...but is it really?

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So to all of you reading this I just wana say, I am a very giving person normally, would do anything for anyone,one of those people that cannot say no-but should seriously start trying...anyway heres the story....
    I live with a guy who in the past few months,since he moved in has been grand to live with,is clean( to an extent) and a nice guy...but recently I have begun to see the other side of him...he has sleep deprivation which causes him to prance up and down the corridor at maybe 5 or 6 in the morning,banging doors,mini nirvana concerts in his room when the rest of us r trying to sleep(a lot of normal people do at 4am)...

anyway,its kinda getting to me too that he sits on the couch all day watching tv,but not really watching just flicking channels,he never considers everyone else in the house...and could happily sit there 24/7 and not give a damn if anyone else is wanting the viewing box we call a tv!...aswell as that,he eats my food,uses my milk,butter.....teabags...even my bed linen has decided to vanish to his room...(from the hot press)...anyway,this is really irritating me,he claims benefit 2 but works 4days a week most the time....mostly nights...weekends!

Please do not take this up wrong,but really,I am not in a steady job,he gets paid more then me and my housemates...I hate coming home to my own place because I do not want to look at him all evening flicking channels-oh! and if you do get the chance to watch a show-he flicks it over if you leave the room for a min....the food thing and channel flicking is just really irritating!!!!!

Please do not get me wrong by what I have said but there is only so much one can take when you're trying to feed yourself aswell as a 20 something year old! What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Mod hat on - proper sentences please.

Mod hat off - talk to him before it gets out of hand.
    chinapples wrote: »
    he claims benefit 2 but works 4days a week most the time
    If he is working part time, he may be entitled to some assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Seriously!! its your crib tell him to shape up or ship out. forget being nice. being nice gets you nowhere in life. people will walk all over you. think ruthless cold heartless bitch. hides the remote puts mousetraps in his underwear kinda person!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

You are going to have to talk to him and establish some house rules. Make it clear that he cannot continue with his current behaviour. He is not giving you or your other housemates any consideration whatsoever. It's bad enough that he's zap zapping the TV all day and keeping you awake but now he's stealing your food and using your clean linen. Unacceptable behaviour. Talk to your housemates - perhaps some of them might be willing to back you up when you have your little chat with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chinapples

thanks for the help,fact of the matter is I did sit down and speak to him and he is still doing this,in fact he now has a friend staying in the livingroom and the smell is really bad..the lease is under my name...can I ask him to leave?with this he has broken the lock and the door handle in the bathroom,he smokes in the livingroom and bedroom-no smoking allowed.(i am a smoker and I smoke outside).I feel like handing in my own notice because I am so sick of living with him!
    And my apologies for abreviating /the shorthand.

Victor wrote: »
    Mod hat on - proper sentences please.

Mod hat off - talk to him before it gets out of hand.
    If he is working part time, he may be entitled to some assistance.

he gets full benefit....plus 100+ euro a night he works.....I wouldnt mind he if was getting part assistance,but he is getting the full whack!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You could report him for welfare fraud if you want.

Xiney wrote: »
    You could report him for welfare fraud if you want.

but i am not that nasty?i just want him to get out of my life.....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

Is his name Sean?

I think we have all lived with someone similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shifon9

central.control@welfare.ie

report him plain and simple. its time to hammer out these scumbags. u can do it without giving ur details. just give them as much details as u can about ur man...we have to get tough and get over this irish - ah fair play if he can get away with it attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

chinapples wrote: »
    but i am not that nasty?i just want him to get out of my life.....
    Nasty? You are letting this prick rob from my pocket and you are doing nothing about you. You are the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Can you afford the house if he doesn't live with you? Because if I was in your shoes, I'd be asking him to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Searlait

Nasty? You are letting this prick rob from my pocket and you are doing nothing about you. You are the problem.

That's a bit harsh!! The flatmate is obviously the problem, the OP isn't encouraging him to rob from your pocket!!

OP, either you go or him, life really is to short to be living with such hassles!! Its like anything in life, you're probably not going to be able to do much about the way he carries on, so either he goes, or make yourself happier and go live somewhere else. And I mean that in a nice way, don't live with this for too much longer, its not good for your own morale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 I.P. Freely

i agree

thanks to everyone who has replied,but now he has his friend kippin on our sofa it is an open plan area so none of us can eat breakfast or nything in there..my boyf who is renting aswell,got up for work with a stranger on our couch again......5nights in a row
    iv asked for him to b out of here by lunchtime...am i being too soft with the guy whos being the inconsiderate prick?

I know its a bit drastic, but how about yourself and your boyfriend get your own place, its a great time for renting, and I'm sure you could get somewhere nice for a decent enough price. Then you'll be done with all this hassle, I'm sure it can't be helping your relationship either to have this stress in the house. You won't know yourself if it was just the two of you!!

so as it stands,i get a phonecall this morning(my name is on the lease)telling me the main toilet in the main bathroom is broken/jammed...the flusher will not work,so i couldn't get it to work,the floor is all wet,i have rang the landlady and she is on my side,he is out,but to hear the funny side of it-he claims in two seperate texts that the toilet was working and he didnt break it when he got home,and the toilet was working when he got home....threshold gave me the thumbs up for him to be evicted....I have my exams coming up,a job to secure,my relationship to reflourish and this guy will not be part of my life....thank you to everyone for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The guy sounds a bit of a tard. Try to ensure you, your BF, and maybe one of your BF's mates come over for tea, to ensure there's no trouble when the tard leaves.

Glad to hear it!!! I'm sure the relief when he's gone will be lovely!! You can get back to normal life now!!! Yay!!

Advertisement