Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National hopp day!

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Howiyas! I was talkin with the mates the other day on the topic of 'national hop day'. its the friday we come back after easter in Wexford anyway. Beach with cans type of thing.. Is this really a national thing or is it just us cool Wexfordians?? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think someone mentioned it last year as well. Bit pointless but sure, miss school if you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

cool Wexfordians?? :-)

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

National Hop Day?

It's known as Friday to quite a lot of people in my year. It happens once a week.

The double threat of exams and recession has made it stronger if anything (fools)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Howiyas! I was talkin with the mates the other day on the topic of 'national hop day'. its the friday we come back after easter in Wexford anyway. Beach with cans type of thing.. Is this really a national thing or is it just us cool Wexfordians?? :-)

What school you from?!

Had heard about this but its some awkward timing! Repeat physcis mock on that day pfft.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Remember this from 6th year last year and 5th year year before.
    I stayed in class both years along with maybe 10 others and then we did hardly anything as the teachers felt they couldnt possibily teach to only 10 or 11 people and would have to repeat themseleves on the monday!:eek:
    well that was the majority there was a few dedicated and sensible teachers who taught as normal!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

with only a few weeks to the leaving seems kinda pointless and stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sorry, I have double maths on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Craigsy wrote: »
    with only a few weeks to the leaving seems kinda pointless and stupid

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I went to school in Wexford, yet never heard about this...

I'll let you know if Waterford students are idiots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

We have the day off anyway. I mean..we're all rebels mitching off school :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

timmywex wrote: »
    What school you from?!

peters, u?

and jeese everybodies gettin so defensive here.. if youve put the work in thus far surely one day wont make a difference.. obviously if something important comes up your not going to go on the mitch but someone like me with double p.e., religion and pass irish on the same day wont be missing much.. saying that, im gonna head in in the morning anyway to see what the place is like.. i.e. if theres only 20 people in school i wont be staying long.

peters, u?

and jeese everybodies gettin so defensive here.. if youve put the work in thus far surely one day wont make a difference.. obviously if something important comes up your not going to go on the mitch but someone like me with double p.e., religion and pass irish on the same day wont be missing much.. saying that, im gonna head in in the morning anyway to see what the place is like.. i.e. if theres only 20 people in school i wont be staying long.

Same, damm annoyance now, trying to think who this is now........

in any case, its tradition, but that damm repeat physics mock crap is starting to annoy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

timmywex wrote: »
    Same, damm annoyance now, trying to think who this is now........

in any case, its tradition, but that damm repeat physics mock crap is starting to annoy.......

hate that...! u wouldnt guess who i am anyway!:P

is this tim hynes?:confused:

do u think therll be much in?

hate that...! u wouldnt guess who i am anyway!:P

is this tim hynes?:confused:

do u think therll be much in?

Hope there wont be that many in, depends though i guess! :D

Pm sent btw

Advertisement