Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug rehab clinics?

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I was wondering does anyone have the contact details of a Drug clinic in or around the town. I was wondering if trying to look for work fails that I would like to organise some volunteer work there if it is possible. Google isn't coming out with much so was wondering if someone could help. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Good on ya EuskalHerria, its the kinda thing that wrecks too many families lifes.
    Try the volunteer centre in Sligo
    http://www.volunteersligo.ie/
    they may have some ideas. Or otherwise focus Ireland are based in Sligo on John street, they may help about how to link up on the ground, I know that there quite a bit of activity in Cranmore and recall hearing about a drugs project there. Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

<snip>
    http://www.nwdrugtaskforce.ie/county-structure.html
    Above are some other contacts that may be of interest in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

Try the Health Board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just wondering has anyone ever had contact with any of these before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Just wondering has anyone ever had contact with any of these before?

:confused: Any other information you'd like as well? :eek:

For what it's worth, I don't think many places will take volunteers, as the whole process is very discreet. Perhaps working with kids about drugs awareness or something might be possible?

Also, bear in mind, you can't claim social welfare (if you needed to) while doing voluntary work, as you are not available for work at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

:confused: Any other information you'd like as well? :eek:

For what it's worth, I don't think many places will take volunteers, as the whole process is very discreet. Perhaps working with kids about drugs awareness or something might be possible?

Also, bear in mind, you can't claim social welfare (if you needed to) while doing voluntary work, as you are not available for work at that time.

I meant in a professional way and wasn't asking if anyone had any problems with smack:D Have a feeling it will be difficult but it would be very helpful for me as part of my college course and because I think it maybe something that might interest me so getting experience would be good.

Advertisement