Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower head on elecric shower?

Options
  • 13-04-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im about to renovate a bathroom in a house we have just bought...At present there is no shower in here.

We've been advised to put an electric shower in here as it is the only bathroom in the house. Of all the elecric showers, the heads look identical and we like the large ones like below. Is it possible to fit a dif head to an electric shower?

http://www.taps4less.ie/PP/U-A3223.html

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Looking at that head, you want a decent pressure in the shower im guessing? I wouldn't put in an electric shower. I would get a mixer shower and put a pump on it. Of course you will need to heat the water with an immersion or central heating system. The boiler can heat just the water, doesn't have to heat the house, rads etc. Of course once it has been fitted or modified this way. Its a much better job imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

sr1983 wrote: »
    . Is it possible to fit a dif head to an electric shower?

http://www.taps4less.ie/PP/U-A3223.html

Thanks a mil

yes it is, most connections are standard, however as Davy pointed out, that particular shower would not work very well with an electric shower, an electric shower would not produce enough hot water to supply that shower head to operate as per the link you provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

if you use a power shower you will never again want to use any other kind i have both types in my house and its the power shower everyone uses

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sr1983

if you use a power shower you will never again want to use any other kind i have both types in my house and its the power shower everyone uses
    ya I think for the type of shower we really want electric is probably out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sr1983

Davy wrote: »
    Looking at that head, you want a decent pressure in the shower im guessing? I wouldn't put in an electric shower. I would get a mixer shower and put a pump on it. Of course you will need to heat the water with an immersion or central heating system. The boiler can heat just the water, doesn't have to heat the house, rads etc. Of course once it has been fitted or modified this way. Its a much better job imo
    we would def like good pressure...its the cost of this was putting us off but if we want that particular style so we'll have to put in a pump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Iyran

We chose to put and electric shower in our new bathroom, but need advice how to put different heads on it. Any suggestions?

Advertisement