Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squeaky bed

Options
  • 14-04-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

As accomodation problems go this is very minor, but here goes.

Im newly renting an apartment and the bed is very very sqeaky, to the point that if I just get into the bed Im sure the neighbours downstairs think that Im having a marathon sex session!

I've had a look at the base but its covered with material so I can't get to the wood or joints to see if I can fix it. Im considering asking my landlord for a new one but wonder would I be laughed out of the place, especially in these times of economic restraint..

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No harm in asking - all they can say is "No". You might be able to fix it with a sheet of plywood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

nove it away from the wall a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Have you tried flipping the mattress? It may not get rid of the problem, but may make it less obvious. I can empathise though, as I rented a place before where not only did the bed squeak every time I moved, but could feel the wires digging into me too - when the then landlord and her fiance were over, could hear them at it - her bed was squaky too :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

talc in the joints will sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

I've the same problem, its annoying cause I can't ask the landlord for a replacement, it would be way too embarassing. I just tried putting talcom powder in the bed but it didn't do anything, and now when I sit on the bed talcom powder flies out everywhere!

• Advertisement
Advertisement