Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 madmadworld

gtg60 wrote: »
    If you want analogue stick with the Component output it's a bit better and allows your TV to receive Progressive signals.

Scart was great back in the day as it carries audio (stereo) and video (both composite and RGB) and did it bi-directionally, it also does widescreen switching.

I suppose Scart is the analogue predecessor of the digital HDMI.

So, stick with HDMI if you can!
    thanks gtg60 for the info on that
    i might get a converter someday never enough outputs sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Does anyone here experience audio distortion on AZBOX recordings?

The distortion is only very slight but quite noticeable on recordings with music and on 's' sounds as well.

(I'm using the AZBOX with a SCART connection to my TV).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi does anyone know if i can use two different satellite dishs if i got a second satellite tuner for my azbox? i have a motorized dish for all my other sats and a fixed sky dish at 28.3e. i wish to record off say the sky dish and be able to watch say 1w on my motorized dish. i understand the software for 2 dvbs tuners isn't there yet but am just wondering if when it is would i be able to do this setup as if i was i would order a second tuner now.

also just wondering about the azbox's capability to read a sky card. is it possible with newcs. i have tried and failed. is it ok to use both ccam for legit purposes obviously and newcs together?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭psham

gtg60 wrote: »
    Yes this is the set up I want too, after my successful experiment with both AZBoxes recording onto the PC's hard drive I never got 'round to doing any more with my new NAS only moving all my movie files to it, in fact it's still here on the floor beside the PC! My plan is to leave it in the attic so it's well out of the way. I might just experiment again with it this weekend but there's a ton of other thing's I'm playing around with at the moment and it's the fact that I don't see it as difficult is why it is getting left alone.

Hi gtg60..
    Did you get your azbox talking to your NAS.. If so , how did you do it..
    I have tried through the movies menu on home button..

The Azbox see my nas but when i selected it it just goes into "connecting" but never does..

I was able to mount my nas on a dm800 using a menu where you could put in ip, user& pass and shared folder on nas.. i don't see that menu on azbox or anything like it..
    Apreciate any help you can give..
    p

hi does anyone know if i can use two different satellite dishs if i got a second satellite tuner for my azbox? i have a motorized dish for all my other sats and a fixed sky dish at 28.3e. i wish to record off say the sky dish and be able to watch say 1w on my motorized dish. i understand the software for 2 dvbs tuners isn't there yet but am just wondering if when it is would i be able to do this setup as if i was i would order a second tuner now.

also just wondering about the azbox's capability to read a sky card. is it possible with newcs. i have tried and failed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭slegs

irishchris wrote: »

also just wondering about the azbox's capability to read a sky card. is it possible with newcs. i have tried and failed?

The second sat tuner is not available to purchase yet and wont be available for a few weeks at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Just read that a new firmware maybe available on Sunday

gtg60, did you get to see if you can connect to a nas from azbox yet?

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Just read that a new firmware maybe available on Sunday
    Where did you read that?

Mounted Nas sucessfully using mount.cifs via telnet..
    Now i can watch all my movies i have stored on the NAS through the azbox..
    Now what else can this box do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You're flyn psham.
    Just copying a few movies over at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 david20

gtg60;
    If anybody wants a link to this forum just PM me, there's a ton of info over there.

Hello, Gtg60

I sent to you a PM asking that link. Thks a lot for your posts.
    Hope soon I get azbox premium.
    Cheers

Beta had been released just downloading apparently native you know what and has freesat epg I'll let you know how it goes

Beta had been released just downloading apparently native you know what and has freesat epg I'll let you know how it goes

Cant see it through the AZbox menu.

You wont either as its beta but google it 92381 not 92380 which is rubbish

You wont either as its beta but google it 92381 not 92380 which is rubbish

They are all Beta though, aren't they?

Anyway, found it, will through it on and see whats new/different.

On the guide button there is a button to download the Freesat EPG but guess what it does not do anything any one else get it to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

EPG supposed to be working, press green button while in EPG menu. Will download it when I get home from work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Freesat EPG working for me, have it working since last night.

Really chuffed as I have a decent 7 day EPG on all the RTE's and the FTA's from 28E :D

So, getting there, hopefully twin tuner firmware coming soon!

Works for me too. Plays a little tune while downloading. Takes about 2 mins.

Press the green button and then OK. You have to be on a 28.2E channel for it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 HDTVIRL

gtg60, did you get your DTT tuner yet, I have recently taken delivery of a QBOXHD which I think has a similar Design to yours, I have the crossepg running (still in a learning curve) I also have the DTT tuner but the box does not have any Irish DTT setup yet as duolabs hope to implement it in future releases of the firmware. They are concentrating on getting other things working first like the PVR etc.

What I am looking to find out is the frequencies of the DTT channels as I can plug these into an xml and upload or put them I by hand. So if anybody out there has this info or a xml file that would be great.

regards

hdtvirl

Is the EPG working on the DVB T tuners as well?

I will tell you when I get the DVB-T tuner working .

@hdtvirl
    Yes, I got my DTT tuners and they work great, did do a post on this thread a while back. Can't help you with xml file or anything as I just scanned and had them up 'n' running in a few minutes.

@pissed
    Yes, see my post above, I get a 7 day EPG for RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3 and TG4 and then the 7 day Freesat EPG for all the FTA's on 28E.

Great stuff, subscription free TV with a high WAF :D

Thanks for the reply, I did the scan but received nothing, do you know any details of the DVB-T tuner which one it is ?.

Which EPG do you have ?.

Are you running any other plugins on your stb and if so which ones ?.

regards

hdtvirl

gtg60, your STB is a linux box running E2 ?

hdtvirl

Guys,
    I have had major issues copying from an external HDD connected by USB to the internal HDD via the File manager, seems to crash out after random intervals and the transfer rate is abysmal (which I believe is a limitation imposed by the firmware). Is this common?
    Also, it appears the USB does not have the ability to power a portable HDD. Can this be confirmed?

Altogether a great piece of kit so far, the above issues are minor.
    Going to install the new FW later on and see what else we can do.

You need to read this thread, it's about the AZBox and the specific firmware for it, none of this stuff is going to be of any use to you or any other STB for that matter.

I suggest you Google for a forum that has a strong QBOXHD community.

The question was about DVB-T frequencies for Ireland E2 is common between these boxes.

If I had info that would help you guys I would give to you regardless of what ever platform is is on. I live in Ireland and I am not going to get any info from other UK/European based sites.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

HDTVIRL wrote: »
    The question was about DVB-T frequencies for Ireland E2 is common between these boxes.

If I had info that would help you guys I would give to you regardless of what ever platform is is on. I live in Ireland and I am not going to get any info from other UK/European based sites.

Thanks for your help.

No the azbox does not use E2. It uses its own firmware which is closed.
    I suggest you go to the terrestrial form and start a thread suggesting what you are looking for.

Don't get in a huff, you need to research more.

E2 is NOT used on the AZBox.

DVB-T frequencies vary based on where you are and are not available nationwide, I suggest you look in the Terrestrial forum for possible sites that you MAY be able to receive in your area.

HDTVIRL wrote: »

Thanks for your help.

HDTV, the AZBox does not run on Enigma2 - it has its own specific firmware. There are some dreambox users here running eingma2 (CormacL comes to mind) who may be able to help. I suggest you start a new thread.

@pissed
    Yes, see my post above, I get a 7 day EPG for RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3 and TG4 and then the 7 day Freesat EPG for all the FTA's on 28E.

Great stuff, subscription free TV with a high WAF :D
    Thanks for the reply, but just to check, I know you stated you are receiving the 7 day EPG for the RTE'S TV3 and TG4 but lets say I am not using 28 East should I still be receiving the 7 day EPG from the DVB T tuner?

pissed wrote: »
    should I still be receiving the 7 day EPG from the DVB T tuner?

Sorry if I didn't make that clear but yes, I am receiving the EPG for the RTE's from the DVB-T tuner.

Could be the after effects of the alcohol :D on my behalf. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Advertisement

pissed wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, but just to check, I know you stated you are receiving the 7 day EPG for the RTE'S TV3 and TG4 but lets say I am not using 28 East should I still be receiving the 7 day EPG from the DVB T tuner?

Rescan your terrestrial. Sometimes RTENL change things slightly and even though you are recevieing channels you may not have the EPG. I have found rescanning resets everything correctly.

Great news, looks like you can use your Sky card in the internal card reader with the latest firmware and latest MultiCAS.
    I've only tested it with the Blue card but apparently it works fine with the White ones too.
    Anybody like to test for me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arcticmoon

I went for the dm800 hd instead of this... its a clone but a bargain at £215 :p

Can you pm me the link where you both it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 arcticmoon

Sure. will pm you now.

• Advertisement

hi i tried updating as well on bbc1 and itv but just comes up cant connect to data channel. tried reflash but same thing

Here's some advice from DJBlu (the guy who implemented this EPG on the AZBox)
    If you have used the GoGo list then please rescan 28.2e as this is a fault.

Once you have searched the satellite. Press Guide --> Green then select Freesat EPG.

This will change the channel to the freesat epg channel.

The download can take sometime. 2-3 minutes is normal.

If this doesn't work then switch the channel to "ITV HD" or "10510" which ever you can find.

Then try the green button in guide again.

arcticmoon wrote: »
    I went for the dm800 hd instead of this... its a clone but a bargain at £215 :p

Enjoy your DM800HD clone. It has no terrestrial though so you are not comapring like with like. AZBox is a way higher spec box also. AZBox is more comparable with the DM8000 than the DM800. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkZ

The AZBox doesn't seem to think that BCC HD is arriving in HD (no HD Icon). However, ITV HD displays with the correct HD icon.

Maybe whether a broadcast is in HD is a matter of opinion?

MarkZ wrote: »
    The AZBox doesn't seem to think that BCC HD is arriving in HD (no HD Icon). However, ITV HD displays with the correct HD icon.

Maybe whether a broadcast is in HD is a matter of opinion?

Assuming you mean BBC HD?

I believe it's something to do with the way the channel is flagged by the broadcaster as opposed to how it is decoded by the AZBox e.g. RTENL test channel on DVB-T lights up the HD icon yet it isn't HD :confused:

Saying that, my Mvision used to show the RTE's on DVB-T as HD but they weren't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Can anyone confirm whether an Al Jazeera card and/or and ART card would require a cam for my AZbox Premium or are they just plug 'n play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have Al Jazeera card working in AZbox Card slot no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

For what it's worth, I can recommend the 0.9.3281 firmware release. It's stable and has solved the major problems I've been having with my AZBOX. Finally, some major progress from the Opensat development team.

taung wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I can recommend the 0.9.3281 firmware release. It's stable and has solves the major problems I've been having with my AZBOX. Finally, some major progress from the Opensat development team.

Yes, I agree, hard to believe it's not officially out yet!

Nice improvement in mkv file playing, the Freesat EPG and some subtle user friendly improvements :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 grassbox

Any idea how to stop my dvbs.dat file being overwritten when I reboot Azbox with 3281 ?. Im using Azbox edit 2880a to generate the dvbs.dat and antenna_list.dat files from an imported satellites.xml file.Then ftp'ing the files to the box. Upon reboot the dvbs.dat file gets overwritten with a file about 347k and I get a jumbled up list in the scan menu. Any ideas ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement