Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking In Kilkenny

Options
  • 14-04-2009 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey folks,

Ourselves at Kilkenny Music, as part of the Kilkenny 400 celebrations, are running a competition starting this weekend in Kilkenny, Saturday April 18th. Busker 2009 is looking for the best of busking talent, music or otherwise, and we're looking for six acts every fortnight from April 18th through to December.

Given that it's part of the 400 celebrations, we've also got some cash prizes to give away with the top act each weekend (as voted online, by the public) getting a €200 prize and going forward for a grand final where the winner takes home €1,000 cash.

We've got acts booking across the full spread of the competition but we're looking for a few more to kick things off this coming Saturday. There's no registration cost, though you have to be registered to be allocated a spot.

If you'd like more details, know someone who might be interested (whether in Kilkenny or elsewhere) or you'd like to enter yourself, drop me a PM or visit the site at kilkennymusic.com/busker2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Slovenian

Hello!

I'm from Slovenia, and two weeks ago i was visiting Ireland and i visit Kilkenny...
    Love the town, love the people... in thursday morning around 11.00 i was passing by The Thosel on high street and there was one girl busking... singing a Kodaline song called 'One Day' ... I have to say that that it was a moment i will remember all my life... i never heard a voice like that before the time stopped for me that moment... like an angel singing I did return to this girl complimenting her voice and ask her what song is that she is singing because i would like to hear it again .. she was very nice and friendly like you all are, telling me that is a Kodaline song... But i would like to hear that gorgeous voice again and i wondering if any of you know who this girl was to tell me her name so i can contact her and ask her for her tape ( clip) of 'One Day' song

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

There is a facebook group called Kilkenny Musicians aimed at people who make music in Kilkenny to promote their music and gigs etc - would be as good a place to start as any.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/451096064923855/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Slovenian

Thank you very much Sky King!

There was a group of lads playing outside the Book Centre the other day - brass, latin -type beat. Really top class:)!
    I thought they might be a group in town for Arts Week but they said they were local.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

There's been a lot of great local buskers around town this summer.

And the lad with the spoons too. Only fair to give him a shout out. He's been playing those spoons with a passion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement