Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broadband zb.php error

• 14-04-2009 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I have emailed the Meteor support with this aswell, but would like it resolved preferably sometime soon - and I don't have much faith in the support desk from what i've read about them on here!

But I've signed up for the Meteor PAYG broadband. Had it 3 weeks and it's been working okay (minus eating credit like mad) but the last few days it's been connecting as normal, but when I try to access any websites, it diverts to m.meteor.ie/zb.php.

I still have credit (check balance shows €2.84) so I can rule that out. But it somehow won't let me view any sites. The m.meteor.ie/zb.php page comes up as a broken error page (with broken links for the pictures) and underneath says something along the lines of 'did you mean m.meteor.ie'?'. Clicking this takes me to the meteor homepage and I can access that fine. But when I tried to log into 'my meteor' from it - Google Chrome (browser) came up saying the link is insecure and asked if i'm sure I want to access it.

I said no. But it made me think it might be a virus rather than a problem with the broadband. Ran numerous virus checkers that I have on the computer and came up clean. So i'm at a bit of a loss as to what it can be.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The link redirects me to http://www.meteor.ie/zerobalance/ which would seem to suggest your balance is zero (for the broadband anyway, which may be different to your SIMs balance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think that's what it is, though...I had a zero balance screen come up last week (once it'd somehow eaten my months allowance in a week - despite using it only to check my emails a couple of times!) and it looked totally different to that screen. But i'll look into it...

If it is because the balance is too low, then i've defo got a problem! Coz I've topped up twice with €20 in 3 weeks (€20 should give me 30days) and hardly used it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sounds to me like you're using the Mobile Internet service, and not the Broadband To Go service. Did you follow this guide, and convert your topup to actual 30 day broadband usage?

Other than that, give Meteor a ring, as something is obviously very wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

Ah ha! You're a star.

I was going by the booklet in the broadband pack, not that internet guide. Wasn't aware of having to text that 30-day number. That might be the cause of it eating my all my credit in double-quick time! I'll give that a go next time I top up. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lilee wrote: »
    Ah ha! You're a star.

I was going by the booklet in the broadband pack, not that internet guide. Wasn't aware of having to text that 30-day number. That might be the cause of it eating my all my credit in double-quick time! I'll give that a go next time I top up. Cheers.
    m.meteor.ie/zb.php

the "m" in this link also refers to a mobile version of the page so looks more likely you were on the wrong tarriff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lilee wrote: »
    Ah ha! You're a star.

that's exactly why it's eating your credit. if you don't actually subscribe to the 30 day pass it will take €2.99 per day each day you use it. as your balance was below this amount you can't view anything more than the meteor home page

Advertisement