Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No.16 Moore St.

Options
  • 14-04-2009 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

What do you think about saving this place? Is this derelict building that has been left to rot a part of our heritage or should it make way for some more shops & fast food joints?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It should be kept

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

isnt there some legal things going on trying to preserve it but according to some people this isnt the correct building where the surrender took place

http://www.politics.ie/current-affairs/3164-campaign-save-16-moore-street-3.html

www.indymedia.ie/article/73308

http://www.anphoblacht.com/news/detail/10928

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Another thread from a few months ago HERE.

My feelings have not changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

As Mairt points out we did cover this before.

There's no doubt that the building should be preserved. And those who doubt it WAS the building should read the account of Nurse Elizabeth O'Farrell who (before her death obviously) stood in the street and picked out that building as the one in which the decision to surrender was taken.

I believe there's more in the original thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I think it definately should be preserved, Infact i think the rest of moore street should too, its one of the only places left in dublin with any character and that'll all be lost. looking back through the pics in the sticky in this forum you see how much like the street has already lost. id hate to see it as yet another concrete jungle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement