Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.1 tommorow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh we knew about it but personally i thought that it was somethin that would be implemented into the ui or something that was free.

this is bull****, im workin 9-6 and only playin wow for about 2 hours any night im playin. that usually gets me in a few heroics and a wg.

how am i gonna find the dam time to grind another 4k for my epic skill, AND 1k per toon that i want to have duels, which is a prot warr, dps/tank dk, and bm/mm hunter.

the thought of gettin the gold for the mount was bad enough, without having to worry about grinding gold now for this poxy duel spec

Word homey, i barely have enough time to raid nevermind spending 2 hours grinding gold.

Ive to get up 7.5k gold now before i can start doing what i want to do, so 350g per day if i do all dailies. That works out at 21 days of constant dailies, hang on ill call the boss get some holidays so i can work a second job to pay my wow bills :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh we knew about it but personally i thought that it was somethin that would be implemented into the ui or something that was free.

this is bull****, im workin 9-6 and only playin wow for about 2 hours any night im playin. that usually gets me in a few heroics and a wg.

how am i gonna find the dam time to grind another 4k for my epic skill, AND 1k per toon that i want to have duels, which is a prot warr, dps/tank dk, and bm/mm hunter.
    Do dailies instead of heroics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You could always earn money off your professions. I earn a fair ammount from fishing up angle fish and turning them into the 40 str food (100gish per stack) JC is another way to make a **** load of dailys. Then playing the AH can be worthwhile too, or even keeping an eye on trade. IT may be a fair bit of money, but in wotlk money is practicially given out free.

Anti wrote: »
    You could always earn money off your professions. I earn a fair ammount from fishing up angle fish and turning them into the 40 str food (100gish per stack) JC is another way to make a **** load of dailys. Then playing the AH can be worthwhile too, or even keeping an eye on trade. IT may be a fair bit of money, but in wotlk money is practicially given out free.

Yeah my DK hasnt got any professions (havent the time) and my shammy is inscrip/herb, and as my server is low pop stuff doesnt sell very fast. ive put about 30 glyphs on the AH at the lowest price, and id say i shift about 3-5 of them in 48 hours. Thats how bad it is ya see. My rogue had JC/mining but hes been transfered to kazzak which i wish i never did :(

Playing the AH would also require alot of time and gold to manipulate, i dont have much gold, thats the problem :(

/cry

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

the gold amount is fine. i agree it probably should have been more though. the patch itself is about 800mb. and yes i work 40+ hours a week and dont play a whole lot but the ability to have my priest as both shadow and disc pvp is huge for me

looking forward to ulduar, should be loads of fun seeing new stuff... looking at mmo-champion and people are downing quite a few of the bosses already on US... :(

• Advertisement

Thats a shame :(

I never understood why that when you roll a DK you have to start a profession at 0, yet you have a load of fp's and first aid is fairly high. I guess im fairly lucky on my realm. I was upto 10k gold about 6 weeks ago then bought the darkmoon card which skint me. Now im luckilly upto about 8k again just from fishing and cooking and some jc'ing (only sell red or yellow cut gems, all the rest go onto the ah in stacks of 20) I guess im one of the lucky ones with pretty much all the profs maxed across my lvl 70+ toons, apart from BS and engineering and alchemy... Sooo expensive to power level them.

splinter wrote: »
    the gold amount is fine. i agree it probably should have been more though. the patch itself is about 800mb. and yes i work 40+ hours a week and dont play a whole lot but the ability to have my priest as both shadow and disc pvp is huge for me

looking forward to ulduar, should be loads of fun seeing new stuff... looking at mmo-champion and people are downing quite a few of the bosses already on US... :(

Yup, upto the IC is fairly easy i believe, well from what ive been told about on the ptr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Money has never been so easy to make to be honest.And when I hear people giving out about the repairs they have to fork out after, or here also about only 1k gold to get duel spec I laugh. Or some people will say but I have 3 or 4 toons and I need duel spec for them all also epic flyer's once again this makes me laugh. Its your own personal choice to have 2/3/4 toons and its your own personal choice to get epic fliers or have them all have duel spec.

Looking forward to this patch, and getting to do some new instances. You would find it hard to keep going when you have completed all the other instances.

Ive obtained a total of two epic flying mounts so far for my chars, working on third. For me it takes quite alot of time to obtain this amount of gold. I understand that the mount will be of great benefit for my characters and thats why im putting in the work. Only reason i bother getting the epic flyer is that moving at 60% is just too anoying, if the flyer moved at 100% speed i wouldnt bother with the epic flyer.

But i dont see why we should have to pay 1k gold for the option to use a second specc when the whole point of the addition of the thing is to make things easier gold wise. E.g not spending 50g every time one wants to do pvp or help in off specc. They obviously realised it was a big pain in the ass to keep forking out this much gold, so they decide to introduce the dual specc to help. Yet they stick an obscene price tag of 1000g on it ? And my class gets nerfed alot as im a ****ty DK so i keep having to respecc, so when i need to adjust my specc ill now have to fork out 100g. Just doesnt make sense to me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

11/14 Bosses already down in US.

Joke.

Fair enough, they weren't the hard modes, but still doesnt look like Ulduar will give us too much trouble.

LF New MMO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I thought this was supposed to be a really tough intsance. What will they do if people have it cleared within a week or two? Will people be happy raiding the same instance for another 6 months before the next update comes out?

Also, the realms arent back up till 15:00 right? Assuming things go to planned that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

bring back bwl or aq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

this is awesome - now I can get my PVP & PVE dual spec setup going, & start hammering into Ulduar .... this is gonna be sick!!!!!!!

Kiith wrote: »
    I thought this was supposed to be a really tough intsance. What will they do if people have it cleared within a week or two? Will people be happy raiding the same instance for another 6 months before the next update comes out?

Also, the realms arent back up till 15:00 right? Assuming things go to planned that is.

No, people will not be happy with 6 more months of false content (Glory of the raider etc. bull****)

With the amount of money Blizzard are pulling in from WoW it would not be at all unreasonable to expect fresh raid content every 3 months, they are robbing us basically.

WellyJ wrote: »
    No, people will not be happy with 6 more months of false content (Glory of the raider etc. bull****)

With the amount of money Blizzard are pulling in from WoW it would not be at all unreasonable to expect fresh raid content every 3 months, they are robbing us basically.

11 million players world wide paying approx. 14 euros per month which is €154** million per month in revenue ...... think about that. The cost of the infrastructure the game resides on doesn't even cost 1/10th that per month to power, cool or manage. That is a HUGE amount of money, & I think Blizzard need to be more cognoscente of the fact that these players generate over €1.8bn** in revenue each year.

That's leaving aside things like character transfers, character customisation & name changes.

Methinks they need to do MORE for players of the game, & put in a damn sight more effort for that kinda change.

** corrected as my math had an extra zero in there where it shouldn't

- tax - vat - building costs - elec - r&d - bug fixes - support center in cork - staff wages.

whatever anyone gives out about the game not getting enough addons they do spend a lot of money on running the game .

elexes wrote: »
    - tax - vat - building costs - elec - r&d - bug fixes - support center in cork - staff wages.

whatever anyone gives out about the game not getting enough addons they do spend a lot of money on running the game .

Of course it costs a lot to run the game,

But not even close to what they are making out of it.

To be honest, they are pumping the profits into Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

you also have to be more "cognoscente" that your maths is crap and that

11,000,000 x €14 =€154,000,000 (154 Million), (not 1.54 Billion ;) )
    this also means that the "18 billion figure" is more like 1.8 Billion a year

keep in mind thats approx 11 mil registered players not necessarily 11 mil active subs every month so that figure will be a bit lower then forecastedd

Either way its still a lot of money, but its no secret that Activision/Blizzard are highly profitable just keep in mind the infrastrutucture and development for WoW (and of course all the other Activision/Blizzard IP) would run at a very high price.

In this case they drip feed wow-addicts this stuff as "the promise of future content" is what keeps a lot of them playing - simple as that

elexes wrote: »

Their staff compliment is quite small actually. The majority of the staff in Cork are paid approx. 18k per year on average from a best guess, & their offices in France, the staff earn less as do the UK offices, as the wages in both countries are significantly lower than Ireland.

they don't have building costs per se as they rent rather than own, electricity they'll have done the best deals possible & the colocation of their equipment also would be very well negotiated.

I work in managed services, & I can guarantee you they have very VERY well negotiated contracts for their services.

Please bear in mind - that is only ONE MMO from their portfolio, & I didn;t even factor in the merchandising revenue or the revenue from actual game sales or the fact people have multiple accounts.

The math is mind boggling, & Blizzard have never reported losses. Even right now in a global recession they are not seeing players leave in droves & still reporting player numbers growth for WoW alone.

Hercule wrote: »
    you also have to be more "cognoscente" that your maths is crap and that

11,000,000 x €14 =€154,000,000 (154 Million), (not 1.54 Billion ;) )
    this also means that the "18 billion figure" is more like 1.8 Billion a year

keep in mind thats approx 11 mil registered players not necessarily 11 mil active subs every month so that figure will be a bit lower then forecastedd

Either way its still a lot of money, but its no secret that Activision/Blizzard are highly profitable just keep in mind the infrastrutucture and development for WoW (and of course all the other Activision/Blizzard IP) would run at a very high price.

In this case they drip feed wow-addicts this stuff as "the promise of future content" is what keeps a lot of them playing - simple as that

So I got a zero wrong in there, big whoop & my apologies - that's a heck of alot of revenue. They operate the perfect revenue model in terms of services/subscriptions.

I've also corrected it, thank you teacher :D

And I just took this entire thread off topic .... apologies to all!!!

So anyways - how long does anyone reckon before Ensidia pop in with a 'we cleared it, it was too easy' deal?

• Advertisement

Hercule wrote: »

This is correct,

The problem is though, that they were achieving this with just enough content in TBC,

Now they are not giving enough, I have stopped playing the last 2 months since getting best in slot items on my Mage. I am resubbing for Ulduar, but when we are farming it in 5-6 weeks time, I will stop playing again. And if any other developer manages to bring out a game with real PVE substance I would leave.

They are not giving enough real content to players, this drip feed analogy only works when there is enough coming through the drip, which is no longer the case.

WellyJ wrote: »
    This is correct,

The problem is though, that they were achieving this with just enough content in TBC,

Now they are not giving enough, I have stopped playing the last 2 months since getting best in slot items on my Mage. I am resubbing for Ulduar, but when we are farming it in 5-6 weeks time, I will stop playing again. And if any other developer manages to bring out a game with real PVE substance I would leave.

They are not giving enough real content to players, this drip feed analogy only works when there is enough coming through the drip, which is no longer the case.

QFT
    +1
    etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Looking for an active mirror, GOD i hate blizzard downloader

/q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

so how long will it take to download from normal blizzard dwnloader?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Play & pay for the game until you feel you have completed what you set out to do. Then stop paying blizz until they bring something new out.

Lots of times in guild chat you see people saying im sick of this game. But months later they are still playing. Maybe in them 2 or more months they could have played other games. And await the arrival of the new content.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loads of patch mirrors here (Rapidshare you beauty!)
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Enjoying the new Icecrown dailies so far. Although there is a lot of travelling. Had to pay a visit to Moonbrook in Westfall there. Ahh the memories :)

Unfortunatly my Realm is down now. Got a 15 minute warning, and then shut down about 5 seconds later. And just before Wintergrasp :(

aye our realm went down with no warning while at 18% on the new voa boss

QQ

Will be back in 20 mins or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Arrgghh the temptation to resub is ever increasing.

im presently stuck in up . on my own . the mobs like me . they have come to a agreement to slaughter the others and give me there gold...

bloody buggy game... im stuck !

• Advertisement

Leviathan, Razorscale and XT-002 down first night 25 Man.

Ignis bugged it seems,

Will be back tomorrow!

Advertisement