Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up my own website so people can donate money

• 14-04-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Basically i want to set up a website that will enable people (my extended friends abroad etc) to donate money to my charity of choice in advance of me running the DCM 2009.

Im not bad on computers but no wizz. would this be difficult? has anybody any advice.

i know one of the boardies has done this already, think they used a special charity website, but i cant remember whose site it was again. In this case do they take much commisssion or charge a flat rate fee etc?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

mycharity.ie

Not sure about commissions etc. Doing you own computer could be difficult. If my friend wasn't a wizz on computeres, there is no way I'd donate to their site, security etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

ah yeah thats the one i was looking for, and kind of what im after. defo dont have the expertise to be doing it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

does anyone know if they charge anything? - oh wait i see the answer is 3% as fer the FAQ on their page.

I plan on doing this for an already established charity, do i need to contact that charity let them know that im registering them as my charity and then the money goes directly to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

Nope don't think so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

i've no knowledge of the irish site, i know a lot of people who have used

justgiving.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

why dont you contact the charity your doing it for,,im doing it for rehab and they have sent me aa attatchment with how to set it up on there website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

kennyb3 wrote: »
    does anyone know if they charge anything? - oh wait i see the answer is 3% as fer the FAQ on their page.

I plan on doing this for an already established charity, do i need to contact that charity let them know that im registering them as my charity and then the money goes directly to them?

No need to contact the charity, I used it recently, it was handy but I still collected most of the cash the hard way. I had a few problem with pastwords over the past year but all in all it was handy enough. Most charities seem to be please with mycharity.ie Which charity are you doing it for? Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭swimforever

kennyb3 wrote: »

The 3% is worth it too-I've looked into other ways of doing this through PayPal and things like that and every other way I tried ended up with bank charges much higher than 3%. Plus you don't have to deal with money hassle this way-it just goes straight into the charity account. I've raised money for a few different events on there and have found it very easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭barkar

The 3% is worth it too-I've looked into other ways of doing this through PayPal and things like that and every other way I tried ended up with bank charges much higher than 3%. Plus you don't have to deal with money hassle this way-it just goes straight into the charity account. I've raised money for a few different events on there and have found it very easy to use.

One thing about mycharity .ie is that the charity is not notified who donates what it just gets transfers made to their account. I noticed this when i raised fora certain charity they had no idea how much was rasied by each person or had no way of recording it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement