Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem neighbours

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I live in a fairly normal estate in Waterford, lot of older people and young families.
    About 6 weeks ago, some lads moved into a house nearby, I'm not sure if they are students. They drive 'boy racer' cars.

Here's the problem - every morning, outside their house and all over the road are cans of beer and bags of takeaway. I think they come home and just empty the rubbish out of their cars onto the road. :eek:

I'm a 'live and let live' type of person, but this kind of mindless littering of the environment is really getting to me.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Call the litter warden about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Cabaal wrote: »
    Call the litter warden about it?

+1, Also i'm assuming its rented accommodation so you could always go to the landlord/letting agency directly and tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You should post this in the Accommodation & Property forum (under Soc at the top). There are many similar posts in how to deal with troublesome neighbours - you should do a search there. How you deal with them will be the same as anywhere in the country, so you'll get more experienced advice there. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kzn

My sympathy to anyone with problem neighbours. does your estate perhaps hve a commitee?

My neighbour hoovers all day till abt 2am. I hve 2 kids, 1 of which is almost 4 mnths old. I hve hoover bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. Not only does she hoover all day but they fight constantly and she plays either the gareth gates cd or mariah carey cd at abt 4am.

Do u wanna swap neighbours???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

kzn wrote: »
    and she plays either the gareth gates cd or mariah carey cd at abt 4am.

you have my sincere sympathies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moved to Accommodation & Property as its not Waterford specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

Call the litter warden about it, he'll def do something about it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I presume the new neighbours are tenants? Check if the unit is registered as rented on www.prtb.ie - if it's not then report it to enforcement@prtb.ie That might be a wakeup call for the landlord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Check if the unit is registered as rented on www.prtb.ie

Obviously the skills of reading and typing are not required for those that create this list! Half the streets listed on my estate don't exist they're so misspelled :D Another house is listed as both detached and semi-detached!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

love2swim wrote: »
    I live in a fairly normal estate in Waterford, lot of older people and young families.
    About 6 weeks ago, some lads moved into a house nearby, I'm not sure if they are students. They drive 'boy racer' cars.

Here's the problem - every morning, outside their house and all over the road are cans of beer and bags of takeaway. I think they come home and just empty the rubbish out of their cars onto the road. :eek:

I'm a 'live and let live' type of person, but this kind of mindless littering of the environment is really getting to me.

any suggestions?
    Im with ye report it, take pics if you have to, ive been onto the litter warden a few times and they arent great to be honest, unless he sees them doin it he aint gonna do anything, the amount of dumping in Waterford is shockin is full stop, i lived in afew places and never seen it so bad as waterford city,

take pics of it and email city council

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

hellfireie wrote: »
    Call the litter warden about it, he'll def do something about it !!

Not in Waterford he wont, only if he sees them doin it and then he might do it 3 months later! have been onto them directly and theyre brutal, sounds like he needs a careet change too by the sound of his voice! ha ha

Waterford is a dump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Call down to the Gardai, they can have a word

Can check for Tax, Insurance, NCT, VRT (if on UK Plates) Modifications to the cars that are illegal (tinted windows etc)

If they're really interested they can charge them for consuming alcohol on the street

Advertisement