Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for restaurant for 30th birthday

• 14-04-2009 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

hi all,

I'm looking for some dining recommendations for my gf's 30th birthday next week.

Probably a group of between 6-8 on a fri night in town.

Looking for something special for a nice birthday treat but that won't cost the earth either in these recessionary times!

There will be a veggie in the group aswell!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Which town?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

sorry Magnus,

I meant Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too bad. McSwiggans in Galway is a lovely place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

elephant and castle is nice!

Magnus wrote: »
    Too bad. McSwiggans in Galway is a lovely place ;)

must check it out next time I'm down west...

• Advertisement

I love Saba on Clarendon St. Cheap for food but try and stay away from the cocktails as they cost nearly the same as a curry and rice!! My veggie friend loves it there too.

thanks whoopsadaisydoodles,

and may I just say - that's the best username i've seen in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Pearl Brasserie is my fav, fab food, they also have a separate veggie menu so everyone is catered for.

They also have a cool bar so u can have a few cocktails before had and a few digestifs after your meal:D

foodaholic wrote: »
    Pearl Brasserie is my fav, fab food, they also have a separate veggie menu so everyone is catered for.

They also have a cool bar so u can have a few cocktails before had and a few digestifs after your meal:D

thanks foodaholic - kind of reminds me of Dax a bit - would it cater for groups for a birthday - not too stuffy?

ct_roy wrote: »
    thanks whoopsadaisydoodles,

and may I just say - that's the best username i've seen in a long time!

you may :D

• Advertisement

any other places like Chai Yo in Dublin?

was at another birthday party there recently and it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

try the tabanakie table at yo thai in mount merrion
    great crack great food inexpensive and a few suprises thrown in
    in all agreat night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I love dax too !!!. I know they have banquettes that holds 6 people, really cool designs in them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Green 19 on Camden St is fantastic. Great cocktails too - and the value is only mighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Had an amazing birthday meal in Fire on Dawson Street, the prawn dish is something else and the staff were amazingly attentive - went back the following week for my dads birthday and will be taking my husband there shortly for his birthday.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Had an amazing birthday meal in Fire on Dawson Street, the prawn dish is something else and the staff were amazingly attentive - went back the following week for my dads birthday and will be taking my husband there shortly for his birthday.

I love fire - and I LOVE their prawns - actually one of the yummiest restaurants in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

If you're looking for affordable and fairly decent, you should try Crystal Boat on Gallery Quay/Grand Canal Dock. Was there a few weeks ago. Good atmosphere, nice location and the food (while not the best Chinese you'll ever eat) was very good. Affordable too. Just under €30 a head for starters, main course and a few beers each. Service was friendly too.

Advertisement