Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Lan Cards compatibility

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering- does anyone know if PCI lan cards are compatible with any router?
    I have a Sweex router and want to add another wireless PC to the network - just wondering if anyone knows if I can use any card though?

I have had look but can't find anything directly.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can you explain a bit better,
    Are you on about a pci wireless card, or a pci lan card(to connect via cat5 cable)

Well anyway the answer to both would be yes, I currently have a dlink wirelss n range connected to my pc (tplink 802.11g) and they both work grand. I'm interested in selling my pci wirelss lan card its a tplink one,
    It'll be grand for wirelss if your router is in another room or so. only opened it there last week an used to. will let it go for 15quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Cheers Lenny,

Sorry, meant a wireless card.
    Your description of yourself would deter me from buying :D

Which card is it. Is it the one currently on sale on Komplett site?
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=346638

Thanks John

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea from my memory of isntalling the drivers it was the "55" model, that seems to be it,
    I don't want it as I ordered a new card on the "n" series because I have an "n" series router(its a stronger signal)
    the computer is down stairs in the corner and the router is up the attid on the other corner of the house so its not picking up a great singal. but the card would be grand if the router is on the same level as the card..
    you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Cheers Lenny but I will leave it for now.
    Thanks anyway.

Advertisement