Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Quote

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I need 118yd2 (98m2) of carpet laid. It includes a staircase, 5 bedrooms & a landing. I will need approx 40m2 of new underlay also. I got a quote of €2,750 from a local guy so said he was charging €18/yd2 for the carpet & €4/yd2 for fitting. Would this be in the right ball park ???:confused::confused:

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I dont think anyone is going to be able to judge about the price of the carpet without seeing it or knowing what type of carpet it is.

as for the 4 euro for the laying 4 x 40 is only €160 which doesnt seem to bad to me put Im not sure.

You are beter off getting another quote as its alot of money you are spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

sorry just seen u are 92sq m of carpet not 40..

defo get another quote

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sweeneytodd

robbie1977 wrote: »
    sorry just seen u are 92sq m of carpet not 40..

defo get another quote

Thanks Robbie - ya will get some more quotes but just wondered what I should be looking at for 98m2 of carpet (middle if the road standard).

Advertisement