Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 18 [1am - 2am] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 14-04-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Synopsis from TV.com:
    Hodges meets with President Taylor to outline his demands involving Starkwood having a seat at the highest government level, but Tony's plan to detonate Starkwood's weapons systems dramatically reverses the control of power.

Renee calls in Kim Bauer to see her dad, who refuses to get her involved in a possible treatment option to stop the degeneration caused by the bio weapon.

One Starkwood operative manages to sneak a canister off the premises and is pursued by Larry.

24 Day 7 Hour 18 47 votes

0%
    40%
    Mr EUnearthlyiMaxsiodawitnessmenowNeo#mikeruurdswba88DemocAnarchisXavi6silvineMenaAlanthroneusTheInquisitorDeeper Bluetok9bm365danh789Mr Freeze 19 votes
    42%
    YakuzaManachBardMountjoy Muggerjor elLFCFanpodge3SherifuJ-blkCiDeRmAnNecronomiconwhosedaddy?The DonDeepBluepaulieeyeunreggdAldebaranGonzovisionBeanstalkThe Buster 20 votes
    10%
    Mossy MonkleggoMr. KMr VeloMr. Guappa 5 votes
    4%
    murpho999iiiiTz Meeee 2 votes
    2%
    Elmo 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Signposted from Hour 1, but it was still a surprise. :)

Holy s**t. Thats all I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Every now and then 24 produces an episode that makes me realise it's still my all time favourite show at heart, and this is one.

Amazing. Tony wtf :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Why no silent clock for Larry?

That was pretty cold by Tony. There isn't really a way of retconning it - Tony is now bad to the bone :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What the hell. Are they making this up as the go along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tony the snake! I actually went :eek: when it happened. Such a twist.

Completely overshadowed Kim's comeback! :D

/drool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

WHYYYYYYY TONY?

I'm gutted that Tony is a bad guy afterall. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

WOW! Its going to take me a while to get over that. Excellent. I was hoping Tony wasnt bad after all. Maybe there is another twist. Kim was damn fine hopefully she is in it a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

bloody hell that was unreal God I love this show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Damn! I was wondering what was up when Larry removed Tony's cuffs, but didn't think it'd be the death of him, and just when Larry finally became not an arsehole. Cold, Tony. Very cold.

So is this who Jonas was talking about then, or does Tony still work for some other group/person, that's even bigger than Starkwood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*awaits screen grabs* to be hosted on sparky-s.ie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

OMG.. I was at the edge of my couch.
    I guess we all wondered whether Tony is good or bad.. but this was beyond cold blooded... and nicely drawn out...

At least he apologised to Larry :D

Now that everyone thinks Tony is a hero, it will be difficult to discover him. Jack slowly turning into a vegetable - who is going to save the day? Maybe Chase is outside waiting for Kim.

I want Cloe back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

When Larry was talking to Tony after the explosion i was actually thinking to myself "I'd love if this was on live so i could post up on boards (ala a football match) that I reckon Tony is still bad cause there nobody will believe me afterwards that i called it" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great episode, I am gutted that Tony is bad, but it was going to happen from the start.

Hard to know how the next few episodes are going to play out now with Tony bad and Jack near incapicated. The rate he is going down hill he can't go after Tony when he is discovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Great episode, I am gutted that Tony is bad, but it was going to happen from the start.

Hard to know how the next few episodes are going to play out now with Tony bad and Jack near incapicated. The rate he is going down hill he can't go after Tony when he is discovered.

I think its set up so that Jack discovers Tony, no one believes Jack, Jack goes after Tony himself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Even though it had been speculated here earlier in the season, it was still very surprising. Terrific twist. You knew something had to happen to set up the last 5 hours of the day, but I thought it would be more to do with what Jonas Hodges said to the President.

I wonder will this prompt Jack to take the experimental treatment, so he can personally go after Tony.

Great episode. Great season!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Having looked at wiki and their 24 page, plus the synopsis for the upcoming eps, looks like Tony could be bad for good alright.
    Although, it has to be said, the absence of the silent clock at the end of the ep may mean that Moss is not dead, merely unwell, which in turn means that Tony is still undercover.
    Of course, more likely is that Moss is actually toast and so unimportant as a series character that he doesn't warrant a silent clock, let's face it, the guy had a red jumper on for most of the show, and we all knew he was for the chop when he and Jack started seeing eye to eye.

We'll have to see next week,

Never took Tony for a Nina though, and the notion of being signed up for the next season could be interesting too, will he be in a holding cell, ala Nina or a free man?

And one last thing, it was kinda cool to see Tony take on the Jack role in taking down the fuel store and the missiles, with Jack on support instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Best episode of the season so far for me i'd say.

Absolutely gutted that Tony is bad and the way that moss was killed was very cold as everyone else is saying.

Kim is behind it all the whole thing she said Daddy way too much for my liking :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Loved it.

Absolutely brilliant twist. I reckon we've at least an hour or two before people realise Tony's up to no good, so that means either Larry's totally dead or in a coma or something.

In terms of Jack's health, I see two possible options:
    1)Once he realises that Tony's bad he'll call Kim back and take the treatment in order to be able to go after him.
    or
    2)Kim will get her half of the treatment done without telling Jack (and she'll either die or be sick as a result) and then Jack will take the treatment and go after Tony to avenge Kim/ revenge for being behind the freeon gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

sioda wrote: »
    Kim is behind it all the whole thing she said Daddy way too much for my liking :P
    Oh, actually, you might be on to something.

Tony was very interested when he heard Larry mention Kim. Perhaps Tony and Kim have been seeing each other on the sly and are behind the whole thing.

Even that's not too far fetched for 24.

• Advertisement

Ah Ronny what have I started

But it was true maybe he has Chase's hand

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Having looked at wiki and their 24 page, plus the synopsis for the upcoming eps, looks like Tony could be bad for good alright.
    Although, it has to be said, the absence of the silent clock at the end of the ep may mean that Moss is not dead, merely unwell, which in turn means that Tony is still undercover.
    Of course, more likely is that Moss is actually toast and so unimportant as a series character that he doesn't warrant a silent clock, let's face it, the guy had a red jumper on for most of the show, and we all knew he was for the chop when he and Jack started seeing eye to eye.

We'll have to see next week,

Never took Tony for a Nina though, and the notion of being signed up for the next season could be interesting too, will he be in a holding cell, ala Nina or a free man?

And one last thing, it was kinda cool to see Tony take on the Jack role in taking down the fuel store and the missiles, with Jack on support instead.

Ya, I was expecting the silent clock at the end too. Surely Moss is dead tho.

Did not know Carlos Benard was signed up for another season. Glad to hear that, even if he is bad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Tony :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Excellent episode. Best of the season so far. Did not expect Tony to turn bad. I wonder what he's up to or who he's working for/with.

I think that Kim will get her part of the treatment behind Jack's back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Tony! :(

But...what if Tony sends the starkwood guy off and then immediatley revives Larry...we can only hope! though it would be too similiar to the earlier epidode where Bill revives Renee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Beanstalk wrote: »
    But...what if Tony sends the starkwood guy off and then immediatley revives Larry...we can only hope!

Why wouldn't he just have killed the Starkwood guy? They have the bottle, but Tony gave it back to him and sent him on his way. No, Tony is bad, but I don't think he's the leader. There's something else going on.
    2)Kim will get her half of the treatment done without telling Jack (and she'll either die or be sick as a result) and then Jack will take the treatment and go after Tony to avenge Kim/ revenge for being behind the freeon gas.

I was thinking that Kim would have Jack declared unfit to make the medical decisions himself, and then make the decision herself. She could do this still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

larry was choked unconcious, doubth very much hes dead, but if thats the case hell be up and about in 20 mins, so i dunno

id say jack will find out that tony is bad, go after him, and fail, then hell go into a coma or something, and theyll do the teatment on him while hes in a coma, and bang well be in season 8,

kim, long hair, short hair??? she looks hotter with the hort i think, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wow, now that was an ending I wasn't expecting.
    When Jonas got caught I was like oh dear it's like last year again. 1 plot ends and here someone coming back(last year Audrey, this year Kim) right on time.

I don't think Larry deserves a silent clock as you need to be in multiple seasons to be worthy of that.

I would hope they have a pretty good explanation for why Ton has gone out of his way to help although I am not sure we will but hey it's 24. I will go along with the ride.

Oh olivia wasn't in this episode. I want to see more of her and preferably Kim in the same room together with a bed...actually I'll stop now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

jor el wrote: »
    Why wouldn't he just have killed the Starkwood guy? They have the bottle, but Tony gave it back to him and sent him on his way. No, Tony is bad, but I don't think he's the leader. There's something else going on.

Maybe he didn't kill the Starkwood guy so that they (the FBI and all) could track him to the real people behind the whole thing. Larry might be just unconscious, but Tony would hardly have said sorry to him if he had only knocked him out. Hard to tell where this is going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems to me very likely that Tony and the "Starkwood guy" are working for whatever Meta bad guys are pulling the strings behind Hodges and all the rest.
    In that case, Tony is working way way undercover for a group so shadowy that even other shadowy groups have trouble making them out, due to the aforementioned sheer level of shadowiness, Mwa Ha HA HAAA!

It's all a tad silly, no?

Still, I'm sure we'll all understand by the end,

Hmm...

Wonder if Jacks dad is secretly not dead and behind it all???

That or all the people Jack and his brood have gotten killed over the years are about to pop up and get revenge, you go Curtis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

When Hodges was talking about there being other people involved etc, did anyone else did David Palmer? I mean , is it really as inplausable as Tony being alive?

When Hodges was talking about there being other people involved etc, did anyone else did David Palmer? I mean , is it really as inplausable as Tony being alive?

Well we saw him getting shot in the neck and we saw his body still in the penthouse a few hours later too. He is definitely dead.
    I dont think they'd be bringing him back.

I think Larry has to be dead too and isnt going to be revived at the start of the next episode, they wouldn't do that with 2 characters in the same season. But who know's.

I think Tony is gone bad because he thinks he will not get pardoned for his previous crimes even though he helped stop the Starkwood attacks, and this is his way out.

Nope, he has nothing to do with Starkwood, in fact he could have stopped the explosives, handed Starkwood a victory against the Feds and had a big big payday, but he didn't, which suggests he has bigger fish to fry, and a more selective target for the bioweapon.
    Whatever it is, could be money, might be vengence, unlikely to be misplaced patriotism.
    It's a pity that the spoilers of Tony and Jack in the next season means we know they both survive and so we're limited in what to expect in the next couple of episodes.
    I reckon Tony is being set up to be a Nina Myers type opponent for Jack, an ex colleague turned very bad, could make for interesting times next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Also, doesnt make sense why he'd keep the plot goin with that one canister

The head of Starkwood guy is a fvckin tool, he thinks he's the cheese :rolleyes:

Hafta wait n see!!

Also, with Jack's treatment, stem cell treatment isnt a casual thing! It'd take ages to do
    and that doesnt make sense, dont they need stem cells from undeveloped embryos??

Was a good scene when Jack went mad at Renee, didnt think Kim would be lookin for him

Defo one of the best eps this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Unregged: Don't post spoilers for future episodes (or future seasons) in this thread. Its not fair for those who watch this from week to week and want to be surprised by what happens. You've ruined that for me (and the other TV mods too), so thanks for that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I never said it was fact, and others posted about actors bein signed up for future series before me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Well we saw him getting shot in the neck and we saw his body still in the penthouse a few hours later too. He is definitely dead.
    I dont think they'd be bringing him back.

I think Larry has to be dead too and isnt going to be revived at the start of the next episode, they wouldn't do that with 2 characters in the same season. But who know's.

I think Tony is gone bad because he thinks he will not get pardoned for his previous crimes even though he helped stop the Starkwood attacks, and this is his way out.

Yeah I'm thinking the same. It was another classic 24 twist when Larry went down and then Tony put his hand up to the Starkwood guy.
    Larry is a goner for sure, only Jack can do that choke-hold thing.:)
    I think we all knew Tony was going to turn at some stage, just thought it would happen sooner.
    Dunno what Hodges meant when he said that stuff to the Pres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not sure that Tony is gone truly bad for the simple fact that after Jack killed Juma in the White House, it was Tony that tipped off Jack that there was going to be a bio attack. Why would he do that if he really wanted to release the bio-weapons?? Similarly why volunteer to blow up the rockets for the same reason.

Personally I don't think Larry is dead (no silent clock) and he wouldn't let the guy with the shotgun near him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I reckon Tony isn't bad at all, he just needed to get a sample of the stuff off the base because he knows that there's another attack coming, and they need it to develop an anti-dote. (Because it's somehow different to what they think it is).

He couldn't trust the FBI because it's still riddled with moles, probably Larry was a mole all along and that's why he only got a silent clock :pac:

John Voight is brilliant, when he was struggling against the secret service to try and throw a dig at the president his expression was priceless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

After being on holidays for a couple of weeks, I got to see the last three episodes back-to-back and yep, that last one especially was brilliant - expected Tony to turn out to be bad after all, but like others here, I expected it to come sooner. I really like the pace of the season and that they are closing off threads and starting new ones so fast - I thought the whole Starkwood thing was more or less going to carry us to the end of the season but it seems this plot with Tony will reveal the endgame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Brilliant stuff - a classic 24 twist.

I bet we'll see a former president revealed as the mastermind. My money is on Daniels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, great episode, flagged a bit in the middle but never saw the twist at the end coming! My money is on Tony having some personal vengeance on his mind, they may keep the bigger conspiracy until next season (only 5 hours left this time around which will basically be Jack (miraculously cured) vs. Tony).

Anyone notice a tiny cameo by Captain America ('Generation Kill')?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyone notice a tiny cameo by Captain America ('Generation Kill')?
    Thanks, I was wondering where I saw that guy before.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Enjoyed this episode, looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah I have to think Tony is bad now and Moss is dead.

I hope theres nothing in the Kim thing-it wouldn't make sense!

So who is Tony working for? Maybe he is going after someone specific for the death of Michelle? Hey, isn't Logan still alive?

Maybe he will show up at Logan's Villa with a canister.

I don't see how Jack can realistically play any further part. I mean people here are going on about "if he undergoes the treatment from Kim" like it was a shot or something with an instantaneous effect but there are supossed to be 5 hours left in the series. If he underwent treatment he would be out of the count.

Renee needs to start wearing a bra, or at least a tighter bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Renee needs to start wearing a bra, or at least a tighter bra.

No, no she doesn't ;)

noodler wrote: »
    So who is Tony working for? Maybe he is going after someone specific for the death of Michelle? Hey, isn't Logan still alive?

Maybe he will show up at Logan's Villa with a canister

Well we never found out cos of the crappiness of Day 6, but im assumin he's dead, even though theres was no silent clock

and I dont remember Michelle gettin one so she could be alive for all we know!

Its a bit much to go through anyways to get back at Logan when he cud just torture him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I think Jack's dad has Tony on the payroll. He'll sail off with Tony on his boat in the last episode leaving a shattered Bauer & Walker watching.

Season eight will be Walker & Bauer chasing the two of them down in some other metropolitan city (I'm gonna guess at NYC for concentration of people with that bio-weapon). Because this time it's VERY personal.

Although didn't Sutherland say he'd do only seven series (i.e. a full week of 24 hour days). Maybe he doesn't make it & Walker will spin off her own series of 24 (called 34c) We've already seen her be groomed as a potential Rogue agent prepared to do what's needed & bring back Chloe damnit !! (I know she's pregnant but she could be shot from the chest up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I really hope Phillip Bauer doesn't come back into it, the evil Bauer family stuff was just so silly. I'd be okay with Logan returning, but there's no way he could be the mastermind behind Tony.

I'd still be quite happy if Tony turned out to be good. Killing Larry makes him pretty bad though, unless it turns out that Larry was a mole (unlikely) or it was a Ryan Chappelle sort of situation (also unlikely).

• Advertisement
Advertisement