Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies.... some ideas please

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I need to get a birthday gift for the the lovely laydee in my life as she'll be turning 33 shortly, but I'm stumped. Can you help with some ideas? She is extraordinarily selective about what she likes & I thought I was off the hook when she picked out a watch online but changed her mind when she tried it on. To say I was gutted is an understatement.

I usually take her for weekend's away & she has shown an interest in a murder mystery weekend but that's not on till October, I'd rather give her something more immediate. She has lots of jewellery so no point in getting more (she's picky about anyway!), her bathroom is full of potions & perfumes, she pretty much has everything she wants.

HELP!! :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

moved from tLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

shopping trip?

my lovely husband took me to london for my 33rd b-day. we went on a friday stayed in a fabulous hotel had dinner that night and a few drinks and went to a show was very enjoyable.next morning we went shopping had lunch and relaxed for the afternoon before travelling home.

its just an idea for the woman who has just about everything.
    you could surprise her with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Thanks Suzi, it's a great idea but she's not big on shopping & besides, my budget doesn't quite cover a weekend in London. I have about €300 - €350 to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Tickets to a concert or comedy gig or show of some sort
    Fancy dinner out beforehand
    Nice big bouquet of flowers
    Just generally spoil her for the day / weekend of her birthday and give her your undivided attention
    Maybe pick up a dvd that you know she'll love and watch it together too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coco_chanell

Pat for my boyfriends 40th last year (I must add he is impossible to buy for) I sat and made a list of things he likes, simple things like what he likes to do/eat/read/watch/play and got him 40 small gifts and wrapped every one of them, so for instance if she likes a particular flower you could buy her a plant or some seeds to grow it, if she likes a certain soap you buy a bar of that, what bar of chocolate does she like and so on until you have 33 small gifts she will have a ball unwrapping them and it wont cost a lot and if there is any money left over you could treat both of you to a nice day out and a meal somewhere. Basically Pat it does not need to cost much, make it fun and she will love whatever you buy her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

coco chanell is right it shouldnt matter how much you spend..if you make her feel special thats whats important..hope she enjoys her b-day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Cathooo wrote: »
    Tickets to a concert or comedy gig or show of some sort
    Fancy dinner out beforehand
    Nice big bouquet of flowers
    Just generally spoil her for the day / weekend of her birthday and give her your undivided attention
    Maybe pick up a dvd that you know she'll love and watch it together too.

+ 1, perfect idea that any woman would enjoy!!

Hey all! Many thanks for the suggestions, I think a weekend of general spoiling will be the best option.

Time to make a list now!

dStudios wrote: »
    Hi,
    Here's an idea I hope you don't mind me suggesting;
    I'm from dstudios photography - a portrait studio based in Dublin 2
    We have a load of different packages for makeover and portraits starting from €50, including a great best friends pamper and photo-shoot gift which is basically - a luxury back massage and manicure for two (your lady and her best friend, sister?) at Nu essence Beauty salon near Grafton St, a professional makeover and hairstyling in our studio and, one hour photo session plus two framed 8x10 portraits. That package I described is going for a promo price €200 for the whole thing for both
    It's a fun, girly day out plus some beautiful photographs of herself and her friend to keep
    Have a look at our website www.dstudiosphotography.com or give me a call if you want to know more 01 4789098,
    Best of luck,
    Aoife

Hi Aoife,
    While your suggestion is a great idea, she hates photos. Absolutely refuses to pose for one.
    The other downer is that you're in Dublin & we're in Cork.

I've decided to opt for a pamper spa day & a hair, along with a few other small bits that I know she likes.

Thanks again for you help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dStudios

No worries, sounds like a lovely present, best of luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement