Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Cleaning

• 14-04-2009 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Can anyone recommend a good product for protecting the paintwork on the car to use post cleaning.

I use Auto Glyn shampoo which works well, but not sure if I should be using a wax after it, maybe every couple of months or so. There are so many products out there - anyone any recommendations ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

depending on how old the car is, i give it the once over with autoglym paint renovator then a coat of autoglym super resin polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Can anyone recommend a good product for protecting the paintwork on the car to use post cleaning.

I use Auto Glyn shampoo which works well, but not sure if I should be using a wax after it, maybe every couple of months or so. There are so many products out there - anyone any recommendations ?
    kceire wrote: »
    depending on how old the car is, i give it the once over with autoglym paint renovator then a coat of autoglym super resin polish.

Autoglym is average enough, there are far better products available. The problem with autoglym is the protection does not last very long, a couple of weeks at most.

For durability I would recommend collinite waxes, 476s paste wax or insulator liquid wax.

Neil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Try Dodo Juice's Need for Speed. Its a polish&wax in one and does a great job too. Very easy and quick to apply and you will be happy with the results. Great if you're not interested in spending too long on the car. Gives a far better shine than I ever got using AutoGlym SRP.

You'll get it from http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kelvin Small

try some Halfords car cleaner I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaneMulligan

try using autoglym cleaner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

I use Autoglym super resin polish every two months or so....I don't mind reapplying it regularly cos I enjoy doing it and the car looks great.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread started in 2009, thanks for the recommendation but you're a bit late like.. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement