Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rattle Rattle Shake Shake

Options
  • 14-04-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

This might seem mean but every time I enter a supermarket in Skerries in the last month I have someone shaking a charity bucket at me at the entrance and even worse their waiting at the check out. Then they get you when you’re out for a jar!! Rattle Rattle Shake Shake ! Two different collections in one night in my local this weekend! :mad:

I really don’t have that much money these days and when I do enter a premises I kind of have it worked out what I can afford.

Why are they permitted to collect inside the shops and pubs?

Owners please give us a break if you want to contribute by all means do but protect your customers from been harassed into giving! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is just been non-stop recently around the town alreight. The only thing I'd say is that you'd be better off saying this to the management of the shops & bars. I doubt if many of them are boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

True true but it's always worth a try!!
    Im embarrassed to say anything really!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

It's a very good cause BUT the scouts were collecting for the whole Easter weekend - Friday, Saturday and Sunday - outside one supermarket, packing in another and outside the church in Skerries. I really think that's a bit much - you just feel mean passing the kids by when you've donated already. One day of collecting should be enough.

And while I'm at it - can we call a halt to charity packers in the supermarkets now? I don't mind donating but I do mind when spuds are packed on top of eggs or yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Unshelved wrote: »
    I don't mind donating but I do mind when spuds are packed on top of eggs or yoghurt.

Very Good!!

I agree there all good causes but all I want to do is pick up my shopping and go for a pint without been made feel guilty that I haven't donated to yet another local charity!

Outside the shops and pubs is okay! But going inside with the owners permssion is just taking the pi%s when thinks are tight as they are! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Unshelved wrote: »
    you just feel mean passing the kids by

I don't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement