Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a car, door was repainted...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ferris wrote: »
    Does the e92 m3 have runflats?

You'd be shocked if you took an M3 out and compared the ride of another E92 with RFTs... the ride is a disgrace. The M3 should be the uncomfortable hard ride but it's a much more comfortable car to be in. They should just do away with RFTs, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

MarkN wrote: »
    You'd be shocked if you took an M3 out and compared the ride of another E92 with RFTs... the ride is a disgrace. The M3 should be the uncomfortable hard ride but it's a much more comfortable car to be in. They should just do away with RFTs, end of.

Big time, the fact that they won't fit them to M cars is a damning indictment of RFT technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

just got a call from blackwater there

they rang the bank this morning to tell them the car was sold and being picked up next week (it was a reposession by PTSB)

The bank have now told them that the reposession is being legally challenged and they cannot sell the car at this time, they were very apologetic about it and it really isnt their fault, bank have messed up big time.

i will have first refusal if it gets resolved before i buy something else

what a crap friday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Cyrus wrote: »

they rang the bank this morning to tell them the car was sold and being picked up next week (it was a reposession by PTSB)

The bank have now told them that the reposession is being legally challenged and they cannot sell the car at this time, they were very apologetic about it and it really isnt their fault, bank have messed up big time.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Jesus thats hard luck. Lucky you hadn't it bought tho

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jimbo19162

awe thats a load of pants sorry to hear that man

knew it was too good to be true,

i just assumed when i was going thro a main dealer and as professional an outfit as blackwater that it was all ok,

they are raging themselves but what can you do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bad luck cyrus, if its meant to be, it will happen.

thats what my nana always told me ha ha

I wonder what would have happened in this situation if you had bought it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Scary that a main dealer can get embroiled in this stuff, does their reputation no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

That's a bummer! It also possibly explains the really low price. I wonder was the damage done by the previous owner knowing the car was going to be reposessed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I presume that PTSB would still have been able to take the car from you if you had bought it & then you would have to chase Blackwater for your money back. The only thing is that Blackwater would, more than likely return your money fairly quickly.

Hard luck on securing this deal...as a friend in the trade always tries to tell me...there's always another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

That is bad luck and frustrating :(

I work in a bank and my advice would be to hang on for a few days & not rush into another car, as the entitlement to reposses the car should be quite straight forward under the loan agreement - the legal depratment of the bank will usually tackle the issue quite quickly with the previous "owners" solicitor, especially when they know a sale is lined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

To add to that of the poster above the bank would probably be more than happy to move this car on quickly once the legalities are sorted.

im sure they will be, but why didnt they sort all this out before they gave the car to be sold :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

It all sounds a bit funny first they voluntarily tell you the door has been badly painted after you looked at the car and didn't notice it and then they tell you that the bank took it back? Do you think they got a better offer and were trying to put you of the car with the door story

dont think so

sure another poster on here had enquired about looking at it and they told him it was sold

Fair enough put they didnt tell him who it was sold to !! it could have been someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

im sure they will be, but why didnt they sort all this out before they gave the car to be sold :(

To be fair to the garage, they probably took the car from PTSB on a stocking basis and if PTSB released the car to them it it should have been a safe assumption that issues were resolved.

Who knows when the original person started their claim against PTSB - it could have been yesterday & the gargae wouldn't have been privvy to this info. They probably only found out when they called to make payment arrangements to PTSB

I would have thought that the garage, while not under any obligation to, should have told you it was a reposession.

In relation to other poster, I was the person who also enquired about the car & they were specific in that a deposit was taken & it was from someone from Dublin, even went as far as telling me the day the deposit was put down, so no implication of them trying to get a better deal etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

In fairness to them I test drove a car there a couple of weeks ago and they were upfront about the fact it was repossessed without me asking.

• Advertisement

Yeah, i dont doubt the truth of the story, and when i was saying it should have been sorted out i meant the bank and not blackwater altho you have correctly said that the action may have only just been taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Maybe time for Inspector vectra to go snooping :rolleyes:

Someone could have come in and offered more money after Cyrus left a deposit. You would think PTSB would have made sure they could sell the car before giving it to a dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Is it true BMW's with RFT's don't have a spare?
    I saw a relations 320i recently and he hated the RFT's so he changed them and had to tie a spare in his boot as there was no storage for one.
    So if you changed from RFT's you wouldn't have a spare? unless you left it sitting in the boot? Now surely thats more of a pain.

Thats Crap Cyrus, when I read the thread yesterday I was going to post price + key-ing = repossession.
    That is some sweet motor for that price, I hope you get it if you can wait for it to be settled by the bank.
    ......Get yourself a Boxter, you deserve it after this :D

That's a pain in arse.

Seems weird that the dispute is ongoing AFTER the car has been taken off the customer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Thats a bit wierd that the dispute is ongoing...but ya never know in these things what the exact story is.

Sorry to hear about that Cyrus, car really did seem like a beauty and a bargain! More sleepless nights ahead trying to figure out what to buy next then:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

That's a pain in arse.

Seems weird that the dispute is ongoing AFTER the car has been taken off the customer though.

Not weird at all:
    1. Bank seize car.
    2. Customer goes to court to retrieve it.
    3. Bank in typical "efficiency" try selling car.
    4. Customer gets order halting the sale until the whole thing has been looked at and settled.

lafors wrote: »
    Thats Crap Cyrus, when I read the thread yesterday I was going to post price + key-ing = repossession.

I know a guy who got a repo s class brabus recently and it will cost the most of 10k in bodywork due to the previous owner vandalising it. He got it for a steal though.

Never had a car taken off me by the bank so lucky for me but I would've thought if they were taking a car back that that would be last step, as in when you've tried to appeal it etc it ends up in a garage. Otherwise this mess happens and garage above everyone else involves gets burnt. Seems a weird way to do it that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I'm very sorry to hear about that Cyrus. It did seem too good to be true to be honest.

• Advertisement

Never had a car taken off me by the bank so lucky for me but I would've thought if they were taking a car back that that would be last step, as in when you've tried to appeal it etc it ends up in a garage. Otherwise this mess happens and garage above everyone else involves gets burnt. Seems a weird way to do it that's all.

The law surrounding car finance, hire purchase and all that, is quite weird. It certainly isn't unheard of that a car gets reposeessed using "reasonable" force, and then the owner goes to court to get it back.

Also it is common cars are sold with HP owing, by people who have no legal title to the car (despite being registered owner).

We should have a system in Ireland for recording outstanding finance on cars, trucks and machines like we do for land, but we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not the news you were waiting for, Cyrus :(

I guess we will get more posters on here shortly with similar experiences. I guess nobody is to blame really here. The bank repos the car (because the driver defaulted on payments). The bank then sells the car to the dealer. The dealer knows the cars has been repo'd but why tell the potential buyer unless you were legally obliged to do so? I know it would spoil the buying experience for me. Dealer: "great deal, innit?". Me: "yeah, super". Dealer: "it's a repo, some poor bloke couldn't keep up the payments, we had to take his family car off him". Me: walks off feeling terrible
    maidhc wrote: »
    Not weird at all:
    1. Bank seize car.
    2. Customer goes to court to retrieve it.
    3. Bank in typical "efficiency" try selling car.
    4. Customer gets order halting the sale until the whole thing has been looked at and settled.

Indeed, although 3 could have happened before 2 :)

unkel wrote: »
    Indeed, although 3 could have happened before 2 :)

Very true.

It is hard luck, but I suppose if times were better and cars like this were not being repoed they would not be as cheap to begin with. We are living in strange times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Jaysus, I only saw this thread now. Awful pity, Cyrus. Hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

If it isn't to be, well ......... another will come along eventually. I wouldn't rush into something just for the sake of changing though.

I cannot get my head around people who vandalise a car when the banks are repossessing them. The banks are ruthless enough granted, but if the person cannot meet the payments, well tough. Someones pride and joy one minute and then something else the next. Churlish so and so's if you ask me. It would be somewhat ironic if they eventually get it back and have to bear the results (or financial costs) of their actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Bloody eejit shouldn't have been buying an €80k car with the banks money if you ask me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The 330 has now been relisted with an extra 13 grand added to the price. They've also added 3 grand to a 530d they had in stock. Are prices not meant to be going down these days?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The 330 has now been relisted with an extra 13 grand added to the price. They've also added 3 grand to a 530d they had in stock. Are prices not meant to be going down these days?!

Anyone else think it's all sorted with original owner now and dealer bought it themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Some dealers are upping prices because it gives them buffer room to give monumental trade in allowances - and the only reason for that is because Paddy only sees trade in price.

Seriously, I've seen RRP's slashed to rock bottom prices, and people come in looking at a car that's lost 40% of it's value, and still expecting to get last year's retail price for their own car, instead of looking at the overall cost to change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

can you post a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ned78 wrote: »
    Seriously, I've seen RRP's slashed to rock bottom prices, and people come in looking at a car that's lost 40% of it's value, and still expecting to get last year's retail price for their own car, instead of looking at the overall cost to change.

I've only seen one customer in the last six months that has been realistic about their trade in price. Most people still want what it was worth last June, and alot of people take offence to prices they are given.

Edit:

Here's the car I think,

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/3.0-I-SP/200922192958390/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

That's her, yeah.

Finanse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Well, they've got to pay for the new VW Showroom somehow :p

Advertisement