Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PFA nominees

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fromvert wrote: »
    You would be one of the few who thinks this. Whats is Giggs's inconsistancies? Let me think hmmm....
    ... I got it Not Playing.

How would I be one of the few. It was voted for by fellow professionals and as far as I know is the one award of this type they all take seriously.

I can see why he was included in the list, I don't think he should win to be fair.

In fact if it is done Feb to Feb, it will have to go to either Ronaldo or Vidic, for me.

If its done in Feb Vidic will probably take it.

Its between him and Gerrard according to the bookies, Gerrard being the slight favourite.

Generally defenders dont win this award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You plus all players in the league < most of the general public/supporters

Thats an assumption by me saying most but id be pretty confident.
    How does he deserve it when he has played in less then half the available time? And the stats you posted about him are wrong he has 1 goal this season and id hazard a guess half the assists you stated.

He has 6 assists

How do you know what the majority of the public think?

Were you out doing straw polls since the nominees were announced? :rolleyes:

Read the post i said i was assuming ;)

Read the post i said i was assuming ;)

Really??

ME and all the players in the league must be wrong so, your assumption stands. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It did strike me as very United-heavy and I don't think Van Der Sar merits a nomination ahead of Given. Ronaldo and Rio being nominated surprises me.

I hope Vidic wins it. I think it will be between him and Gerrard.

I hope Ireland wins the young player award as I reckon he deserves it. I suspect it might go to Rafael though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Boggles - you are ridiculous.

Yeah but you must of been assuming earlier with those stats you pulled out of the air.
    Why do you believe an attacking player who has played less then half the time available over the season has 1 goal and 6 assists. Has not been influential to the Man Utd team. He is rarely a player the fans want playing, I have not heard in years any Utd fans calling for Giggs to get a game or come of the bench.

Over Alonso who is sitting midfielder who is the link between Liverpools defence and attack, has scored 2 goals and got 4 assists and has played about 3/4 of the playing time. And he has probably been Liverpools best player this season.

Explain your reasoning please.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i see boggles has returned for the big one tonight. bless tho, hes had a quiet month.

list is a bit wierd. giggs shouldnt be there, lampard should. dunno if alonso deserves to be there like ppl here are saying. jagielka has been brilliant for everton, van persie too for arsenal. anelka maybe? nah. rooney should be there, pepe reina has been just as good as VDS this season.

vidic or gerrard to win. whichever team wins the league will probably dictate that tho

Yeah but you must of been assuming earlier with those stats you pulled out of the air.

Stats based on this season, all competitive club competitions as it said in the post. No thin air nothing, Fhacts!
    Why do you believe an attacking player who has played less then half the time available over the season has 1 goal and 6 assists. Has not been influential to the Man Utd team. He is rarely a player the fans want playing, I have not heard in years any Utd fans calling for Giggs to get a game or come of the bench.

Because I base my opinions on what I see, this season Giggs at times has been brilliant.
    Over Alonso who is sitting midfielder who is the link between Liverpools defence and attack, has scored 2 goals and got 4 assists and has played about 3/4 of the playing time.

Already have, serveral times. Your own manager did his best to offload and will try again the summer. Explain that?
    Tusky wrote: »
    Boggles - you are ridiculous.

Excellent as ever Tusky, take a bow son.

jaysus, boggles really is back. its like a wrestler returning to the ring during a pay per view or something. wheres ntlbell so we can really get this party started ?

Jazzy wrote: »
    i see boggles has returned for the big one tonight. bless tho, hes had a quiet month.

How yeah Jazzy!

What big one? ;)

This is based on the league performances. No?
    Alonso has also been brilliant at time this season.
    Because Benitez wanted to get rid of him in the summer, yep thats a reason to judge his performances this season and say Giggs was better. Thats just a silly reason

I cant explain why Benitez wanted to get rid of him. Im good but im not that good. You would have to ask him yourself.

Boggles wrote: »
    How yeah Jazzy!

What big one? ;)

wasnt referring to the game of football tonite, more the forum rumble scheduled for after ;)

i recommend that headshot guy to be a valet for you and ntlbell though, much in the same way as Miss Elizabeth was for Macho Man Randy Savage

• Advertisement

wasnt referring to the game of football tonite, more the forum rumble scheduled for after ;)

i recommend that headshot guy to be a valet for you and ntlbell though, much in the same way as Miss Elizabeth was for Macho Man Randy Savage

I've have 5 euro on your lot actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

christ this has taking some reading,some serious stats fact and figures been banded about,what ever happened to people using there own knowledge and experience to argue there case,we have some good googlers and wikpidiers on here.
    the list just proves how shortsighted players are.
    i would have to go for
    hangeland
    jagielka
    gerrard
    vidic
    alonso
    ronaldo

have thought about ronaldo and think he deserves it maybe not as good as previous years but the fact is if another player put in the exact performances ronaldo did they would be included

as for the young ireland is a cert and his age is keeping him of the senior list.how has rafael been included i will never know im sure there are young player in the premiership playing week in week out wondering wtf.
    and who ever sold johnny evans a pair of boots you have a lot to answer for

and who ever sold johnny evans a pair of boots you have a lot to answer for

Right on that gem of knowledge, I'm outta this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i heard my name mention

pfft shouldve know it be you jazzy
    im still waiting for the mud fight ;)

why was my name even mention here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've have 5 euro on your lot actually.

:eek: Jays Boggles I always knew you were a mad bastard :pac:

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    i heard my name mention

pfft shouldve know it be you jazzy
    im still waiting for the mud fight ;)

why was my name even mention here ?

do you like fishsticks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

do you like fishsticks?

lolz you cant get me my friend

i hate fishsticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Stats based on this season, all competitive club competitions as it said in the post. No thin air nothing, Fhacts!
    Your stats are wrong, Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Federico Macheda imo, most influential player so far this season:p

Think Vidic is a deserving winner of this award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Think Vidic is a deserving winner of this award.

torresvidic_220318.jpg

Terrible list. Terrible procedure around the award. Combination that renders it ultimately irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    torresvidic_220318.jpg

Terrible list. Terrible procedure around the award. Combination that renders it ultimately irrelevant.

How Young isn't in the Player Of The Year list is insane, he has to be a dead cert for the Young Player list, Steven Ireland me hole. Worlds apart they are.

DSB wrote: »
    How Young isn't in the Player Of The Year list is insane, he has to be a dead cert for the Young Player list, Steven Ireland me hole. Worlds apart they are.

Lol good one :rolleyes:

Steven Ireland isn't even the best midfielder at City, never mind being better than someone as gifted as Young. He has had a form season, big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

There hasn't been one outstanding forward player this season. One just has to look at the leading goalscorer in the league, 15 Goals???

For me Vidic for his performances up until the implosion after the Blackburn game. Ireland for the young PFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Steven Ireland isn't even the best midfielder at City, never mind being better than someone as gifted as Young. He has had a form season, big deal.
    lol

sure that's the whole point of the award

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    lol

sure that's the whole point of the award

Good attempt but thats not what I was saying at all, his form season still is nothing on someone with the genuine class of Young. Young wouldn't look out of his depth playing against the top sides in the Champions League, and has been impressive in all the games against the big sides this year. Ireland would be miles out of his depth playing for someone like Chelsea or United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are you on drugs?

Dave! wrote: »
    Are you on drugs?

You honestly think Ireland is better than Young?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You honestly think Ireland is better than Young?
    This season? Yes

I'm a United fan btw

And I don't want Trap to ask Ireland back again

Good attempt but thats not what I was saying at all, his form season still is nothing on someone with the genuine class of Young. Young wouldn't look out of his depth playing against the top sides in the Champions League, and has been impressive in all the games against the big sides this year. Ireland would be miles out of his depth playing for someone like Chelsea or United.
    everyone's entitled to an opinion and all but what you're saying is bollox

ireland deserves the award, young does not

Dave! wrote: »
    This season? Yes

I'm a United fan btw

And I don't want Trap to ask Ireland back again

Absolute madness, like comparing a Honda with a Ferrari.

And Young has had half a form season. He's been crap since the wheels fell off for Villa.

Ireland has been consistently brilliant from the get go, and his form has barely dipped.

How much do you watch City out of interest to be making such a conclusive statement about him?

i see you are a villa fan

that's possibly one of the most biased viewpoints i've ever read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Take off the green tinted glasses there chum, Young has had far and away a better season. Ireland, like Lennon, has impressed in poor teams that have been dwelling in the bottom half of the table for most of the season.

• Advertisement

Take off the green tinted glasses there chum, Young has had far and away a better season. Ireland, like Lennon, has impressed in poor teams that have been dwelling in the bottom half of the table for most of the season.

Lol and put on maroon and blue ones instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Ireland is consistently very good and plays well when the team is playing bad unlilke Young who like Gabby has fallen apart like AV.

Yes that is how much better Ireland is than Young :D

Of course i'm biased in favour of the Claret & Blue, but Young has had far and away a better season then Ireland. If Man City were in and around the top 6 and had not been a wet blanket away from home all season then yeah fair enough he might have a case.

Of course i'm biased in favour of the Claret & Blue, but Young has had far and away a better season then Ireland. If Man City were in and around the top 6 and had not been a wet blanket away from home all season then yeah fair enough he might have a case.

Who cares what City have done. This is an INDIVIDUAL award.

No, Villa have had a better season than City and Ireland has had a better season than Young.

No green/blue/any colour tinted glasses here!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And Young has had half a form season. He's been crap since the wheels fell off for Villa.

Ireland has been consistently brilliant from the get go, and his form has barely dipped.

How much do you watch City out of interest to be making such a conclusive statement about him?

If they're on TV I'll watch them, because I always sense theres gonna be some sort of drama. He is a good player like, I just don't think hes anywhere near what hes cracked upto be. Whereas Ashley Young is pretty much the future of English football together with a few others.

• Advertisement

Who cares what City have done. This is an INDIVIDUAL award.

Yeah its an individual award, and Ireland has had a great individual season, but it was for a team that spent most of the time hovering above the relegation zone and couldn't buy a win on the road. Its a lot easier to stand out in a poorly performing team.

If they're on TV I'll watch them, because I always sense theres gonna be some sort of drama. He is a good player like, I just don't think hes anywhere near what hes cracked upto be. Whereas Ashley Young is pretty much the future of English football together with a few others.

And Ireland is the sole future of Irish football (in ideal circumstances obviously).

Seriously, he has been phenomenal pretty much every game. I have no doubt that Young is also a great player and of course you lot are going to sway towards him but your put downs of Ireland are quite simply laughable.

it doesn't matter if ireland is over-rated (which i really don't think he is), or if young is the future of english football

it's only about who had a better season

And Ireland is the sole future of Irish football (in ideal circumstances obviously).

Seriously, he has been phenomenal pretty much every game. I have no doubt that Young is also a great player and of course you lot are going to sway towards him but your put downs of Ireland are quite simply laughable.

Any put down of Ireland has only been in comparison to Young, who I thoroughly believe is the hottest prospect in the whole of England by a mile. And being the sole future of Irish football isn't a massive achievement, with Robbie Keane being pretty much our only outfield CL standard player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah like Stuart Downing was 2 years ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement