Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Arts in Sept.

Options
  • 14-04-2009 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

I was just wonderin is there anyone startin Arts in sept in ucd? A mate of mine started last year nd said its huge nd hard to get to know people nd amke friends. If anyone's also startin in sept be cool maybe to chat to people doin the same course before we all start in sept. Whats everyone think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

You're probably better off posting in the union of secondary student or Leaving Cert forum and not here, I doubt that many leaving cert students would bother reading this forum and hence you're not going to attract the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

And become regularly involved in at least one society/club when you get here. Best way to make friends when in Arts I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Tutorials are the main area, no matter what anyone says about societies, tutorials are the places where you will meet some of your best college friends. Societies are good but stay away from the likes of the L&H, Law Soc, B&L, C&E and try the more small to medium: History -> Dutch Soc/Ag Soc size of societies. The L&H are only good to join if you're really interested in debating, and getting the chance to meet some famous people and some free stuff in freshers week, other than that they're crap. UCD isn't as intimidating as it sounds, I started arts here 3 years ago, nobody I went to school was doing arts with me, only 3 other people from my school went to UCD, it's daunting sitting in a room with 1,200 other people but you get over it, the first week is sh*t, the first month is tricky and kind of awkward and after that it's the best craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'm in sixth year and I still stop in here from time to time :P Actually I'm just pretty desperate to get out of school. I hate it so much. The thought of being in college next year makes me sick with excitement.

If I end up not getting any of my first choices, I'll seeing you in arts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

OneArt wrote: »
    If I end up not getting any of my first choices, I'll seeing you in arts

Most used phrase by Irish leaving cert students 2008/2009 . Haha

UCD is great. Just get involved both in lectures and societies. Become a class rep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement