Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Data add-on issue

• 14-04-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you can give me a little help before I start ringing 3’s customer support.

I have recently bought a 3G iphone so I switched from Vodafone to 3 as they seem to be the best value when it comes to data add-ons. So I am now on 3Pay (Prepaid) and I straight away added the 1GB per month data add-on for €9.99. However when I checked online to check my balance status, my data add-on is showing as 100MB and not 1GB. I thought nothing of it at the time and have been using it a bit over the weekend. I downloaded about 54MB of data and now my data status is showing as below.

3mobile.jpg

Am I missing something or have 3 knocked the last zero off of my add on? i.e. 100MB instead of 1000MB

As an aside, I am still trying to figure out how 3 handles the whole account balance thing. I can’t quite see how it all works and how much credit I actually have remaining!

Thanks for your help,
    Richard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I just had an online chat with a 3 customer support agent who explained what happened. New customers are given 100MB free data credit which is what is showing on my account. For some reason when I purchased the 1GB add-on for 9.99 it did not go through.

Advertisement