Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 day detox

• 14-04-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for doing a 3 day detox diet. Firstly let me make it VERY clear that I'm not doing this to lose weight and I'm not interested in losing a stone or whatever. I just want to feel better and less stodgey.

So far I have - eat LOADS of fruit and raw veg. Fish and chicken seem ok. Cut down on the carbs or give them up altogether. No tea or coffee (except green tea).

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

The why do you feel the need to detox?

The body detoxes itself. Its not meant to be put under the pressure you would put on it by starving yourself for those days. it could end up slowing your metabolism temporarily.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/dieting/detox_diets.html

http://www.uknetguide.co.uk/Health_and_Fitness/Article/Detox_Diets_Good_or_Bad_For_You.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23612221-details/Give+up+detox+-+it's+bad+for+your+health/article.do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Well I don't want to lose weight but I do feel tired and sluggish - like I've eaten way too many carbs (which i have).

I just want to feel refreshed and I heard that a detox for a few days was a good way to flush out toxins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

At least you are not talking about any detox "tablets" or crap like that, your plan sounds fine, not starving & eating plenty of fresh veg & fruit sounds grand. Plenty of water too, you could get it in the form of soups.

I go out cycling to get a good sweat going too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

So far I have - eat LOADS of fruit and raw veg. Fish and chicken seem ok. Cut down on the carbs or give them up altogether. No tea or coffee (except green tea).

Anyone have any other suggestions?[/quote]

re the above quote - i read you wrong!!!!!!

i thought you alreafdy said you were eating fruits and veg. if that is what you plan on eating on this detox than it seems a-ok to me!

Sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JMULL

Breakfast - Porridge made with water and tablespoon on linseed
    Lunch - Homemade veg soup and brown mccambridges bread.
    Dinner - brown rice,veg, chicken or white fish . (can stirfry veg, chicken in olive oil.
    snacks - melon or kiwi
    Also - evening primrose tablets and aciddoliphus tablets.

No tea or coffee

• Advertisement
Advertisement