Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a few from yesterday - c&c welcome

• 14-04-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

1). 1st attempt at a panoramic - not ideal conditions very grey day.

83556371022A4452B3F5C725C6E510A6-800.jpg

2). Old derelict cottage

659759F73A3E4EA1BE0ECEB13D7AF82E-500.jpg

3).

0728EAD87F6248E396A4B3B98F44EB64-800.jpg

4).

A6A5D7233DE94A0F9104BF6F5A57CFDD-800.jpg

5).

F0057F1D90F74ED7BD615D91E4265B19-800.jpg

6).

338B17A7269D4E7FA826EB112709DA9E-800.jpg

7).

2AC279B4787A4B1F947C8C5F23228569-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

nice pictures.

is the exposure on the swan a bit off?? my monitor here isn't the best.

it looks like the swan's body is over exposed??

i think the swan shots work better when you have some really good detail, especially around the head (i'm thinking of the eye - beads of water etc) - which seems to be missing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I love number 2, the rest don't do much for me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Black and white is a little too gray...

Keep them simple and work from levels.

The landscapes look a little underexposed (ND grad maybe), but it seems as if you were unfortunate with the clouds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

thanks everyone appreciate the comments, really will help me improve. It was a miserable day alright but I had to get out, the result was I had to process all of the images to make them look better but obviously I overcooked it on some of them:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Plenty of potential in these shots, I like the details in the Swan's body but the face is lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I like the cottage one a lot. :)

I think the problem with the swan is I had to heavily crop into the picture...he was a fair distance away and I was only using a 200mm lens. So, the camera probably exposed more for the water than the swan....ah well I will know for next time. Would changing to spot metering for the swan shot of helped a bit?

thanks for all your comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

anoble66 wrote: »
    I think the problem with the swan is I had to heavily crop into the picture...he was a fair distance away and I was only using a 200mm lens. So, the camera probably exposed more for the water than the swan....ah well I will know for next time. Would changing to spot metering for the swan shot of helped a bit?

thanks for all your comments.

It probably would, but you would likely have to compensate. Does your camera have autobracket? If so, set it a stop either side and fire away

It does yeah, I will try that next time..thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The picture of the cottage is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lukaty

1- lake+trees are to close to the bottom of the image. If you could leave some more of green margin there,
    2- I like high contrast BW.
    5- interesting, because of desert filling, ditch the trees in the right bottom corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Love no 2,

Great sky detail in no 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Number 2 is great. Would you be able to go through the process of creating that image?

Advertisement