Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Military Press:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    50kg x 7 Pb

Incline Dumbells:
    20kg x 12
    22.5kg x 15
    22.5kg x 15
    22.5kg x 15 (last rep took over 3 seconds to lock out!)
    Well a Pb!

Dips:
    3x8 ( very happy with this considering the pressing)

Bent Over Rows:(Done after bells, before dips)
    40kg x8
    40kg x8(from floor)
    60kg x8
    55kg x10 (from floor)
    55kg x10

Power Cleans:
    bar, 30kg and 35kg
    About 10 minutes altogether, working today especially on dropping down and delivery, I was delivering today right onto my collar bones, which is higher up than last day! im also dropping down slightly further. Im getting better at violently shrugging it up and not muscling it up, Forgot my camera today so ill hopefully record my next session of them. These are way better than cardio!

Press:
    im pretty disapointed in military press, although its a pretty good pb with 50kg, the last time i did 50 i got 5 reps and they where barely down to my nose, these where well below my chin, still disapointed tho.

Made up for it with bells tho! plenty more reps than last week!!!

Bent over rows were good, so where dips.:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Im getting better at violently shrugging it up and not muscling it up, Forgot my camera today so ill hopefully record my next session of them. These are way better than cardio!

Dude, look at some vids.... you don't "violently shrug" a powerclean!!

Also i realise my opinion isn't the most well regarded, buuut.... fix your dam MP technique.

a video i was linked to by trevor said you should violently shrug your shoulders, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1lxLk3Wqg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

a video i was linked to by trevor said you should violently shrug your shoulders, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1lxLk3Wqg

im going to rant about this later, first i shall sleep,some more.

well if its wrong please find a better video (no sarcasm) ive just been learning from that,

• Advertisement

hit a double of 75kg today in the school gym on bench! getting stronga! 25min walking for cardio and about 50 pullups aswell

Deadlifts:
    5 x 105kg
    3 x 120kg
    10 x132.5kg

Pull ups:
    4 pull ups, then 2 chins then rest
    5 neutral pull ups then 2 chins then rest.
    4.5 neutral pull ups then 1 chin done!

Scap Push Ups:
    3x20

Hypers:
    10kg 3 x20

I brought my camera to record power cleans but i ran out of time as the gym was closing!

---
    i honestly thought i was gonna get maybe 2 reps on final set of deadlifts, the 105 set was tough, but malteaser said my form wasnt awful so its all good!

Pull ups seem better than the last day, i really just need to hit this with more sets

everything else was fine!

Yesterday

Bench:
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 11.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PB
    Oh yes! so close to numero 12 aswell, messed up the 5/3 part though :D

Bor Dbs
    17.5kg x 10
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    22.5kg x 12 (at the top of the rep, i held and counted 2 seconds)

Cable Row(same as above, 2 sec pause at the chest)
    37.5kg x 8
    60kg x 7
    52.5kg x 10
    45kg x 15

My lats forearms and biceps where fried at this stage, i couldnt fully extend my arms, and even with a bend in them my i had to keep my wrists slightly up to avoid forearm burn!

CGBP:
    40kg x 20 (grip just before the smooth part)

Curls:
    17.5kg x 14
    17.5kg x 10~
    12.5kg x 16 really slowly

Awesome day, that is all!

Yesterday

Bench:
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 11.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PB
    Oh yes! so close to numero 12 aswell, messed up the 5/3 part though :D

Bor Dbs
    17.5kg x 10
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    22.5kg x 12 (at the top of the rep, i held and counted 2 seconds)

Cable Row(same as above, 2 sec pause at the chest)
    37.5kg x 8
    60kg x 7
    52.5kg x 10
    45kg x 15

My lats forearms and biceps where fried at this stage, i couldnt fully extend my arms, and even with a bend in them my i had to keep my wrists slightly up to avoid forearm burn!

CGBP:
    40kg x 20 (grip just before the smooth part)

Curls:
    17.5kg x 14
    17.5kg x 10~
    12.5kg x 16 really slowly

20 min power clean work with 30kg, no full power cleans, all from hang, trying to jump and straighten hips before i move elbows.

This morning, at 6am, yes 6 am, before school! thats dedication!:pac::pac::pac:

Squats:
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 8

SlDl:
    40kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    65kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    75kg x 10

Good Mornings:
    20kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10

Thoughts:
    Squats where good, i did massive volume on Stiff legs for fun! was fantastic, really felt em.

Good mornings where a learning experience, basically i read Kev M's log and i saw he was using 40kg for 10 reps, and i was thinking i could do that!, then i realised, no i probably cant, so i re-evaulated my form and realised it was shocking!
    30kg absolutly wrecked my glutes and hamstrings today! Im happy with it today though, i went deep, chest up.

During my deload next week im going to video tape a good few of my assistance lifts to get a guage of what i need to improve.
    Stiff legs, good mornings, power cleans etc etc.
    Great sesssion though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Good mornings where a learning experience, basically i read Kev M's log and i saw he was using 40kg for 10 reps, and i was thinking i could do that!, then i realised, no i probably cant, so i re-evaulated my form and realised it was shocking!
    30kg absolutly wrecked my glutes and hamstrings today! Im happy with it today though, i went deep, chest up.

Good stuff. I'd never sacrifice form for weight on something like a GM.

yea your right there! meh, its just one of those things i had to learn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

So good you posted it twice eh??? :pac:

dude, i just kicked ass, i dont care if i used repitition

Military Press:
    20kg x 5
    27.5kg x 5
    32.5kg x 5

Cleans: Video to follow
    I did about 15 min work on these

Incline Dumbells:
    17.5kg x 6
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10

Dips:
    x8
    x10
    x8

Bor Rows: (barbell)very steep back angle, elbows tucked far

30kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    55kg x 10
    55kg x 10

Overhead Squats: (Video to follow)
    5-10 minutes on these

Thoughts:
    Pretty boring military press obviously, i honestly have no clue how to do the deload, i went all out on dumbells dips and rows but i don't think thats the idea wendler was going for, anyone care to shed some light on what i should be doing :P:o

okay im confused, the video is in wmv format but wont upload to youtube.

Alright ,ive tried avi format and that wont work, does anyone mind if i email them the video and can they post it to youtube for me :D

alright the video is too big and im compressing it soon

Deadlifts:
    5 x 60kg snatch grip
    5 x 70kg snatch grip
    5 x 85kg conventional
    1 x 85kg sumo

Hypers:
    1x20 +10kg
    1x25 +10kg
    1x20 +10kg

Overhead Squats:
    5-10 min maybe?

and that was it! ive decided to not go balls out on assistance work during a deload, go figure:pac::pac::pac:.After the hypers i just realised i was fried, and things are not going my way atm.
    So much crap going on and im mad stressed, and when i get stressed, insomnia comes back! last time i had it was about 2 years ago, and im alot more stressed now than then so im gonna take this rest week to heart.So basically, recovery and sleep are out the window for a while

Tried to do cardio, got bored, so i did a lil circuit type training,

Close grip bench setted with pull ups for a while i got up to about 65kg on close grip then i did 2 reps on 75kg benching normally.
    Then Practised overhead squats in asics for about 30 minutes. did some dumbell pressing, front squatting squatting 1 handed chin ups!. Just really trying to tire myself out, which in hindsight was not smart!

So im thinking for the rest of the deload, im going to do my main lift, one assistance work, and then work on one of the 2 lifts cleans and OH squats for a while, then maybe some light cardio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

g 1 handed chin ups!. Just really trying to tire myself out, which in hindsight was not smart!
    Be careful with the OH chins, they can hurt your elbows and not realise it until the next day. I don't train them much at all, if I want to force one arm to work more with just bodyweight then I sometimes would only use 2-3 fingers of the "nonworking" hand, but hands normally spaced on the bar so there is no awkward twisting of your body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

I'd second Rubadub on this, you can fock your elbow up quite nicely with the one handers.

One other way of forcing one arm to more work is to turn one hand, so one is doing a chin the other a bit of a pull up. Puts a lot more strain on the supined hand, could be the wrong term but you get the jist!!

cheers lads but it was only a bit of a laugh like, was just messing with a few friends, probably did about 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

cheers lads but it was only a bit of a laugh like, was just messing with a few friends, probably did about 2!

Well then quit your fappin and deload!!

feck ye

alrighty i have been training, just been busy so havent had time to log, ive got 3 vids to post up so im uploading them now while watching supernatural dvds and when they are all up ill log my sessions, for now, vid 1.
    Hang cleans at 35kg : be absolutly brutal with form comments, i really wanna get it right! i think it gets better towards the end of the set.

2nd video up now
    Overhead squats: think its about 20-22.5kg cant remember what size bar it is, again i think they get better towards the end, this is probably the 2nd ever set of overhead squats i had done so im pretty pleased

and here are good mornings at 30kg and thats the last of em, im pretty happy with tehse, and yes the guy behind me was trying to squat :P:pac::pac:

Bench:
    5 x 27.5kg
    5 x 35kg
    5 x 42.5kg (boooooring sets)

Bor:
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10 (bench set to incline)
    30kg x 10 (flat again)

Clean work (15min)

• Advertisement