Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Ok, ontop of stress and lack of sleep, i know have a cough and cold! i am close to death at this stage...

Military Press:
    5 x 42.5kg
    5 x 45kg
    8 x 47.5kg (videod) had about 2 in the tank i think

Incline Bells:
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10

Barbell Rows:
    40kg x 10
    55kg x 10
    55kg x 10
    55kg x 10
    55kg x 10

Dips:

Hang cleans:
    40kg 3x 6 i think and some work with the bar, ive narrowed my grip slightly because its easier for me to rack it on my shoulders this way.

Thoughts:
    Kill,Me,Now. I am absolutly dead, i have this mad weird thing aswell that when i try to swallow it wrecks! cue about 20 minutes sleep last night...

Happy ish overall, i would have liked more reps on military press but i made up for it on the dips. Overall this cycle is going to kill me.

mp video, a few reps where shakey and most didnt touch chest, but they where all below chin so im not to irked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

and here are good mornings at 30kg and thats the last of em, im pretty happy with tehse, and yes the guy behind me was trying to squat :P:pac::pac:
    ffs the guy behind you is a joke at squatting!! Towel on the bar says it all. Well maybe he is just doing partials but when i do partials its in a rack so i can focus on that.

Ok down to business - cardio - on almost all your lifts there is two issues 1) need more work on shoulder flexibility - rolling, scap work, stretching and feck all glute involvement - need rolling here and glute work also e.g. on your OH press and hang cleans watch how much you arch your lower back and how your hips push forwards rather than doing a slight squat and sticking your butt out.

Finally, i think TBH you could work wayyyy harder (when your feeling 100% of course) as you have so much left in the tank its unreal - do a set of 20rep squats with about 10-20% less weight than normal - pause in standing to take breaks and you will get the idea fairly fast.

Transform wrote: »
    ffs the guy behind you is a joke at squatting!! Towel on the bar says it all. Well maybe he is just doing partials but when i do partials its in a rack so i can focus on that.

Ok down to business - cardio - on almost all your lifts there is two issues 1) need more work on shoulder flexibility - rolling, scap work, stretching and feck all glute involvement - need rolling here and glute work also e.g. on your OH press and hang cleans watch how much you arch your lower back and how your hips push forwards rather than doing a slight squat and sticking your butt out.

Finally, i think TBH you could work wayyyy harder (when your feeling 100% of course) as you have so much left in the tank its unreal - do a set of 20rep squats with about 10-20% less weight than normal - pause in standing to take breaks and you will get the idea fairly fast.

Im taking the rest of the week off as ive got tonsilitis and a bitch of a cold, I went to bed at 9pm last night and id say i got about 2 hours sleep between then and now. In regards to the flexibilty point.

I see 100% where your coming from, i really have no clue about stretching foam rolling etc etc, any reccomendations?

Deadlifts:
    107.5kg x 5
    117.5kg x 5
    125kg x 5

Leg Curl:
    45kg x 10 x 3

Sauna:
    1 hour.

I wore 2 t-shirts, a base layer and a hoody to the gym and i was still cold :/ im starting this cycle again next week

• Advertisement

Alright update time,

Apparantly my tonsilitis was very serious, alot more serious than originally thought. about a day away from surgery serious.

tonsils.jpg on looking into my mouth, it appeared there was no gap between my left tonsil and the hanging part in the middle. But thats all behind me thank god. I've been given the all clear to return on Monday to training,outside in general :D.

Current weekend goals: eat as much god damn food as possible to get my energy levels up. Im not sure how much weight i lost but id wager it was quite alot, I took in around 12,000 calories for the week id say :/

Military Press: :mad:
    5 x 42.5kg
    5 x 45kg
    7 x 47.5kg

Db Inclines:
    20 x 12
    25 x 10
    25 x 10
    25 x 10

Rows barbell:
    40 x 10
    55 x 10
    55 x 10
    55 x 10
    55 x 10 (these where good)

Dips:
    bw x 8
    bw x 8 (gutted i didnt go for 10, i had it in me)
    bw x 10

Clean work:
    some singles at 50kg , hurt my wrist on one by not letting go of the bar at the top, wont make that mistake again!

Thoughts:
    Have no clue why my military press is down, i was wide awake going in, Had no problems, just didnt get it

Dumbell press was weird, last set my left arm just fell out of my groove completely, was so much harder than my right arm. Still got it though.

Rows and dips where good, cleans are getting better

Deadlifts:
    107.5kg x 5
    117.5kg x 5
    125kg x 9 (done as fast as possible for hanley) (belt)

Pullups:
    neutral x 5
    chins x 5
    close neutrals x 5

Lying Leg Curls:
    50 x 8
    50 x 10
    40 x 15

Good session
    my legs went on the deadlifts for the first time ever cause i was running in pe today, i ran about 3-4k with is more than im used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Alright update time,

Apparantly my tonsilitis was very serious, alot more serious than originally thought. about a day away from surgery serious.

tonsils.jpg on looking into my mouth, it appeared there was no gap between my left tonsil and the hanging part in the middle. But thats all behind me thank god. I've been given the all clear to return on Monday to training,outside in general :D.

Current weekend goals: eat as much god damn food as possible to get my energy levels up. Im not sure how much weight i lost but id wager it was quite alot, I took in around 12,000 calories for the week id say :/

I hope the tonsils dont flare up again, but they more than likely will. they;re a pain like that.
    I got mine out in Dec 2007 (age 24) was a horrible week of recovery. the older you are and the longer you leave it the worse it will be.
    If they are chronically infected and damaged (with big holes in them as mine were) they're not performing their function of protocting you from bacteria, they're providing a home for them to grow and recolonise.

jesus i didnt think they could come back! i thought it was just a one thing deal! ive never had it before so hopefully thats teh end of it!

• Advertisement

Trying to kill myself through volume, self harm day!

Bench:
    5 x 52.5kg
    5 x 55kg
    15 x 60kg!!!!!!!!!!! Hel to the L YES!
    1 rm calculator puts me at 88kg bench, makes me very:D:D

Bor Dbs
    20kg x 15
    32.5kg x 15
    32.5kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    22.5kg x 12 (2 sec pause at top of reps)

Db Push Press:
    Right:
    22.5kg x 2
    25kg x 2
    27.5kg x 2
    30kg x 1
    32.5kg x .9
    32.5kg x 1!
    35kg x 0
    ---
    Left
    22.5kg x 2
    25kg x 2
    27.5kg x 1

Cable Rows:
    45kg x 20
    45kg x 20
    45kg x 20

CGBP:
    45kg x 20 (hard)

Curls:
    17.5kg x 12
    20kg x 6

Thoughts:
    bench kicked ass

Dumbell rows and cable rows where really good, ive noticed my lats on my bench press alot more so im thinking the volume on all my pulling motions will hopefully help the bench out.

I did Dumbell push press to give my lats a rest between dumbell rows and cable rows, i couldnt get the 35kg to sit on my shoulder before the rep, i doubt i woulda got it anyway

Cgbp is getting very tough, probably gonna increase by 2.5kg from now on, i did curls for the sake of it really, they were hard.

By the way. Massive shout out to a guy on my thursday session. Hes a middle aged guy whose very well built. He walks around with a crutch so i thought he just had a bad leg or something. Nope!
    saw him getting changed, his leg is fully bionic like! very awe inspiring and i hope id keep training and staying in such good shape if i ever get a bad injury like that! if you see this dude sorry for staring, YOUR AWESOME!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

By the way. Massive shout out to a guy on my thursday session. Hes a middle aged guy whose very well built. He walks around with a crutch so i thought he just had a bad leg or something. Nope!
    saw him getting changed, his leg is fully bionic like! very awe inspiring and i hope id keep training and staying in such good shape if i ever get a bad injury like that! if you see this dude sorry for staring, YOUR AWESOME!

Check out Simon Robinson, and see if you can find any pics of an Irish guy called Mick Stewart.

i couldnt find any of mick stewart but jaysus simon robinson is huge!

Mountain biking:
    Dh:
    3 hours downhill with some uphill pushing, 42 lb rig. Highlights:
    18-19 foot gap, hit a good few times :D

UPhill:eek::eek::
    3 mile cycle, 42lb rig again, had to go collect my phone, and this was a bitch of an uphill. Good day tho

for anyone wondering what my 42lb rig is pbpic3478842.jpg

My Pride and joy, only thing i enjoy more than weightlifting :)

the pics abit old though, ive currently got a Halo SAS on the rear with a michellen tire, ive cut the seat post and am currently in the process of getting a Fox dhx5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

for anyone wondering what my 42lb rig is pbpic3478842.jpg

My Pride and joy, only thing i enjoy more than weightlifting :)

/southern drawl

sheeeheeet that is ooone sweeeheet lookin veehicle

/southern drawl

why thank you upstanding gentleman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

great benching, 15 reps is pretty insane

nice bike too :D

thanks podge! no where near as insane as teh wheels on you though :D they shall be pwnage by the end of smolov haha

Squats:
    5 x 75
    5 x 80
    8 x 85

Kneeling pulldowns:
    fullstack x 20
    stack+10kg x 15
    stack+10kg x 15

Hanging leg raises:
    pull up grip x 6
    neutral grip x 6

Barbell Torque:
    Right over left: 5 ft bar(15kg) +15kg plate
    2 x 14
    Left over right: 5 ft bar(15kg) +15kg plate
    2 x 14

Thoughts:
    Im genuinly scared, today was the first day, ever since i started squatting, that i got Doms in my quads, serious doms. Technically im not sure if i can call them doms as there was no "delay" i felt them once i fell out from under the bar and collapsed into a heap on the floor for a minute. It took me 3 and a half minutes to go down the stairs after my squats.

I didnt do good mornings cause my legs where shaking whenever i bent my knees, The only thing i can think of that would cause this is my new stance.

Since i got the iron works ive been slowly moving my stance in narrower to see if i could get a bit of spring out of the "hole". Today i got my stance to about shoulder with. My abs and lower back where fine after the squats, just my quads.

Serious question: does this mean im doing anything wrong? genuinly qorried here

---
    everything else was awesome btw :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Nah doesn't sound like it tbh. If there was sudden sharp sensation then maybe. sounds like you're just experiencing soreness, and not pain!

it wasnt a sharp pain like, it was in both legs, just massive amount of soreness! like ive never gotten it on squats before, freaked me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

it wasnt a sharp pain like, it was in both legs, just massive amount of soreness! like ive never gotten it on squats before, freaked me out!

Probably just cramping, I get it every once in a while (haven't in a few months mind), but a few light sets on the leg extension always helped!!

HAHAHAHAHAH, all i can say, i hit a PB in EVERY single exercise today!

Just....so.....awesome!

Military Press:
    3 x 42.5kg
    3 x 47.5kg
    10 x 50kg (all well below chin :) )

Incline Bells:
    20 x 12
    25 x 12 (up 2)
    25 x 12 (up 2)
    25 x 12 (up 2)

BOR barbell:
    40kg x 10
    55kg x 12
    55kg x 12
    57.5kg x 10
    57.5kg x 10

Dips:
    x 10.5

Just awesome day

Alrighty, the two possible explanations for todays results:

I started taking this

Universal%20Storm.jpg creatine

And this:
    1245173676719004623.jpg

Pre workout shake
    I dont even care if its a placebo effect, they worked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Nice pressing cardio!Did you take a vid of them?

Advertisement