Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Savage man, 50kg x ****ing 8. You wanker!

And that Storm stuff is the one supplement I really wanna try again, it's saaavage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

the storm stuff is lovely , only supplement i enjoy taking lol. the Tmu on the other hand, i imagine its what cat piss tastes like. Absolutly nasty!
    Thanks Remmy btw but i forgot my camera, i pushed through with my head a bit more today.
    One bad point though

For some reason i was shaking quite alot ( i think the stuff was just kicking in) and in turn, my legs where shaking, alot. I was finding it hard to keep balance so my feet where kinda moving around a tiny bit. Hopefully its just a once off thing . I still have doms from sunday so maybe that was it!

Oh and funkz, it was 50kg x ****ing 10 :P

Deadlift:
    3 x 117.5kg
    3 x 120kg
    9 x 130kg (video to come)
    I loosened my belt by 2 notches this day,i was able to breath easier but i got alot less support, also used my ironworks for these.

Pullups:
    8 x medium grip
    8 x chins
    5 x neutral
    Btw, if i dont mention strict form they where most likely kipped to sh1t :D

Scap Push ups:( feet on swiss ball)
    3 x 20 pretty tough actually!

Leg Curl:(hammer strength)
    5 minutes faffing around with 10 per side.
    15 per side 3 x 8 per leg

Thoughts:
    Not a bad day, not a great day, Deadlifts werent too bad, im not gonna comment too much on form cause i have a video coming up and i dont want to be completly wrong!
    Ill let some people more experienced than me comment!

Bench:
    3 x 57.5kg
    3 x 60kg
    13 x 62.5kg (raging i didnt get 14!)

Bor Dumbell:
    20 x 15
    32.5kg x 15
    32.5kg x 15
    32.5kg x 15

Shoulder Push press:
    20 x 3
    25 x 3
    27.5kg x 2 (left arm) 27.5kg x 3(right arm)
    30kg x 1 (left arm) 30kg x 2 (right arm)
    32.5kg x 1(right arm)
    35kg x 0(epic fail)

My right arm is way steadier on these! left arm is faffing all over the place

Close Grip Bench Press:
    47.5kg x 20! roll on 50kg!

Hammer Strength shoulder press:(seated)
    10 per side x 10
    20 per side x 10
    25 per side x 10 x 2
    start weight is like 4kg, dunno if thats one side or both!

Thoughts:
    Im pissed i didnt get the 14th on bench, i was an idiot and completely dropped my set up on the 13th rep because i was tired! ugh, so close!

I dropped the cable rows and through in some more shoulder work as it was probably over kill with the amount of back work i do.

I just cant get that 35kg push press!

Good tricep pump from CGBP

Turn down the sound on this one :D theres alot of banging!

the first attempt at rep 1 the bar was way too far from my shins so i went forward, All comments welcome. First time doing all out set in ironworks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Nice work man!
    Strength is good, side view next time!!

Did you feel any difference doing them in an Olympic shoe rather than a flat soled shoe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

look who found a set of traps:P

cheers! I honestly dont know, i have a video barefoot with 10kg less for around the same reps and they looked way harder. But you know, different day different strength, Ima keep at them in the shoes. My hips seemed lower and it felt good!

look who found a set of traps:P
    haha, ill take that as a compliment!

haha, ill take that as a compliment!

'twas one

• Advertisement

Also that marked the last day im ever listening to music while training, Im way more focused without it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

cardio, what is your max bench?

Are you doing the 3 warm up sets before the work sets or not? Don't see them logged. I think there are slightly too many warm up reps before getting down to the business end of things on 531.

If I wasn't following the program I would probably drop a couple of reps from them. How do you find it?

I do my own warm ups, i personally felt the 5/3/1 warm ups where too little! I do about 4-5 sets warm ups usually stopping at about 80% of my first workset

Edit: and i have no clue what my max bench is! im hoping its 80-85kg which would be sweet!

Just wondering, am i taking too much of a break between my deadlift reps?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Alrighty. What did you set the max at for 531? 80kg?

I set it at 75kg

I do my own warm ups, i personally felt the 5/3/1 warm ups where too little! I do about 4-5 sets warm ups usually stopping at about 80% of my first workset

i dunno if anyone else will but i agree with you re: warm ups, i find it's a very individual thing based on different peoples personal physiology.

Also for me warm ups tend to be a mental prep thing.

yea it really depends on the person, i like doing lots of warm ups, Makes me feel more comfortable going under the bar

yea it really depends on the person, i like doing lots of warm ups, Makes me feel more comfortable going under the bar

i wouldn't say lots but enough for you...... lets not fight over symantics tho :P

alright, im confused i thought i was agreeing with you :D

• Advertisement

alright, im confused i thought i was agreeing with you :D

you are, i'm being pedantic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Your shin's/knees are probably moving forward cos oyu're wearing the ironworks. If you don't concentrate on driving off mid-foot/heel it's very easy to get thrown onto your toes. That actually happened me on my 4th set with 205 yesterday... bar moved 2 inches and I had to drop it cos I couldn't finish it. Rocked back onto my heels and killed it for an easy 3.

well i wasnt really paying attention! only happened on the first rep!

Squats:
    3 x 80
    3 x 85
    10 or 11 x 90 (felt really good!)

Power Cleans and jerks:
    40kg for a few reps
    Power Cleans:
    60kg x 2 Werent that bad actually! i would have video taped but camera ran out of battery like within 2 seconds of turning it on! was raging as i wanted to film squats.

Abbs:
    Barbell Crunches:20kg x 3 x 6(bandwagon anyone?:pac::pac:)

Hanging knee raises x 6

Kneeling abb pulldowns: 40 x 10, 60x 10,90 x 10,different stack than usual, werent that good, too far away from the weight stack

Weighted Crunches:
    +5kg x 20
    +10kg x15
    +20kg x 10
    Felt good

And........
    (drum roll)

Foam rolling!!!!!
    Found out there was a foam roll in the gym! had to give it a shot, i did it for about 10 minutes, i tried to do my hamstrings and glutes but im not sure if i did it right, i like tensed my legs straight out. then kinda of walked with my hands along the roller. Interesting.

Thoughts:
    Squats and everything where good,
    im hoping transformer can enligthen me with a good youtube instructional video on foam rolling, im hoping to pick up a set of rollers for home use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

I have a home made foam roller that i use quite a bit. I dont know of any good vids, but when i use it, i try and put all my weight on the roller, and i can feel it really deep in the muscle. I have no idea if this is the right way to use it, but it seems to be working for me

Nice squats btw

dom sent me a good video of his! will be working on this in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

http://www.tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=475832

Think this covers it fairly well. Have you worked the it band yet? Let us know how that goes. :)

Alright, just posting as a warning todays session is predicted to be sh1t, have the monster of all headaches and eye strain today, even though i got like 10 hours sleep!

Alright before we start the logging, about two weeks ago i submitted a request for a GHR to the total fitness staff, i walked in today and low and behold i see this beast:

work011.jpg

add that to our already great selection:
    work010.jpg

and we have the best equipped arcade gym in dublin!

• Advertisement

Shoulder press:
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    52.5kg x 7 (failed on eight)

Db incline Press:
    20kg x 10
    25kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    25kg x 15 PB

BB rows setted with scap push ups: