Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i managed to remember the "up" this time so its all good, the last one was way more lolz

Deadlifts:
    100x 5
    112.5kg x 5
    135kg x 5 (was meant to be 127.5 but i was delirious, no joke)

Dips:
    x15PB
    x14

at around 6 i got a migraine which really through me off, adding up the plates was taking me ages, and i dont even use that much!
    happy i got the 5 at a much higher weight considering my condition, id say im good for 10 at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How about i post your nekkid pic in LBG??

Wanker!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

How about i post your nekkid pic in LBG??

Wanker!

ah come on jedward play nice:D!!!

also why do you have a nekkid photo of cardio, that's just wrong also maybe illegal ;)

it was genius, face it.

• Advertisement

ah come on jedward play nice:D!!!

also why do you have a nekkid photo of cardio, that's just wrong also maybe illegal ;)

I hate ye...

i was refering to the pic Cardio posted of his hyooogness

Session was mightly rushed, break was the time it took to load the plates or set up the camera

Bench
    47.5kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    62.5kg x 13 (pb, 1 rep)
    75kg x 1 (videod, paused slightly)

im good for more on bench than 75 anyway, im guessing 80, in the video it was slow but i had like no rest, i didnt pause it for long enough, but i knew that when doing it, in school on tuesday i paused it for alot longer

Bor Dbs
    20 x 15
    37.5 x 8
    37.5 x 8
    37.5 x 8
    30 x lots
    Used the 37.5s today as all teh 35s and 32.5s were in use.

Tricep pushdowns:
    20kg x 15 rope
    25kg x 12 rope
    35kg x 10 bar
    all these where done on an accurate cable stack.

and that was it, in and out in under 30 minutes :D/

i want a bodyweight bench press by may at 100kg :)

I hate ye...

i was refering to the pic Cardio posted of his hyooogness
    your back may be bigger than mine, but at least mines trainable...

your back may be bigger than mine, but at least mines trainable...

Low

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Low

but you have to admit good,

anyway after tomorrow you maybe one step closer to get back to training

• Advertisement

Here be my bench, i think everything is mentioned earlier

75kg. my arch is so depressing, it feels so much bigger than it is !

but you have to admit good,

anyway after tomorrow you maybe one step closer to get back to training

After my haircut!!!?

I know SFA about arching, however moving your foot position so much after set up is completely nulifying it in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

75kg. my arch is so depressing, it feels so much bigger than it is !

It looks like you've almost got it at 52 seconds in. Pause it there. Instead of moving you're feet away from the bench like you do, drive your heels towards the floor, trying to get your feet flat on the floor.*

If you've got your shoulder blades pinched properly this will drive your upper back into the bench without you sliding up.**

*i await to be corrected on this one

** and this one

well benching with my heels on the ground is completely alien to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

yeah, if you keep your upper back tight, you will be able to hold your arch better

I remember Hanley saying to try and focus on arching your upper back, not just lower

Ok time for myriad of excuses as to for todays session
    in chronological order:
    Friday: out at a party, got home late,
    Saturday: in work for 9 hours; then i went go karting for an hour, im too tall for the karts, legs back and hips where aching!
    Saturday night: ufc 106 :P up till like 5 am!
    /bitchy lil girl

Squats:
    5 x 67.5kg
    5 x 77.5kg
    10 x 90kg (videod)
    3 x 90kg (videod)
    1 x 100kg (videod)
    1 x 100kg (videod)
    1 x 100kg (videod)
    60kg x 5

Front Squat:
    40kg x 1

Gmings:
    40kg x 3 x 7

OH SQUATS:
    40kg x 2
    50kg x 1Piss easy PB

Thoughts:
    upon looking back at my 90kg set in the gym, i didnt think id reached paralell on any rep at all, Camera angle and lighting where bad but still, i dont think i did. I noticed two major problems, Breaking at the knees too much, not going low enough, so i set out to fix that on the next set of 90 x 3.
    Then i did 3 singles with 100kg
    Ima upload;
    90kg x 10
    90kg x 3
    100kg x 1(the last and best one imo)

---
    Oh and foam rolling works, my shoulder flexibility on the overhead squats was way better, the 50kg was piss, id say im good for 65-70.

Im going to do some bare foot singles on wednesday to see how i compare, they shall be videod aswell.

first upload is the 100kg single, too far forward again, will fix this on wednesday on sunday!

i think i hit paralell on this one? at 46, any thoughts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

first upload is the 100kg single, too far forward again, will fix this on wednesday on sunday!

i think i hit paralell on this one? at 46, any thoughts?

Depth there was fine.

Not sure whatcha mean about being too far forward? Is it how you got kicked on the way up??

Tbh I think that might be happening to an extent because you got down with your torso too upright..

• Advertisement

cheers for the input, i kind of agree with you about being too upright, i dont really have much faith in my core, you should see it in the first set, it was like a legpress! Im pretty confident i can correct the stuff.

The 90 x 3 will be up soon.

heres teh 90 x 3

think depth was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You are breathing up into your chest rather than down into your stomach from the looks of things, if you aren't confident about your core then this could be a reason why. Otherwise looking good. edit; look at 51 seconds into the 90x3 vid to see what I mean.

heres teh worst set, 90 x 10, very bad lighting and angle, sorryz :P

You are breathing up into your chest rather than down into your stomach from the looks of things, if you aren't confident about your core then this could be a reason why. Otherwise looking good. edit; look at 51 seconds into the 90x3 vid to see what I mean.
    i see what you mean there brian, its not that i dont think my core can take the weight, i know it can, but once i get under the bar i start to bottle it!
    but on breathing into your chest,
    i cant seem to get as deep a breath in, and when im standing up like that with my shoulders back, its nearly impossible to get it in at all!

any tips ?

i see what you mean there brian, its not that i dont think my core can take the weight, i know it can, but once i get under the bar i start to bottle it!
    but on breathing into your chest,
    i cant seem to get as deep a breath in, and when im standing up like that with my shoulders back, its nearly impossible to get it in at all!

any tips ?

Well watching the video you are breathing fine and then just before you squat you take a big breath into your chest, pulling your stomach in and negating the point of having a belt or holding your breath really. Instead of pushing your stomach against the belt at the minute it looks like you are trying to move it away from it.
    You need to just breathe normally and draw your diaphragm down into your stomach, do not allow your chest to rise and stomach to empty/cave in like you are doing. Then you need to tense your abs and hold everything tight. I dunno if there's anyone at your gym who could show you this, or if you know a competent singer/singing teacher they could also teach you.
    I'd make a video for you but my epic powerbelly would break youtube. In the meantime look at hanley, kev or podge's squat vids and look at what their chest and stomach are doing compared to yours, and see if it makes sense.

(all this is subject to someone more knowledgeable correcting me).

oO i see what you mean actually, when im standing under the bar im breathing into my stomach more, but then once i go for it i take a breath into my chest. must work on this!

yes that's it. (guess I didn't need to use so many words after all, sorry).

spam.jpg

• Advertisement

your such a child :D

Advertisement