Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Mod Snip>: Offensive term removed </Mod Snip> Regards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You just wanted an excuse to show off your lat spread didn't you? :p good to hear nothing serious happened, although you'd want to pay attention to your back for the next few days to be on the safe side, although it does just look like a few scrapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

You just wanted an excuse to show off your lat spread didn't you? :p good to hear nothing serious happened, although you'd want to pay attention to your back for the next few days to be on the safe side, although it does just look like a few scrapes.
    oh yea obviously, saw right through my plan!. nah im not too worried, it wasnt too big of a fall, just lost my focus and paid the price, backs fine, left elbow feels a bit weird but its got a nice three day rest till mp like :P

omg just realised you can see my whey to the left, epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Your Shoulders are starting to round..... MOAR upper back work.

any suggestions? i thought i did more upper than lower

• Advertisement

BO Lat Raises

Rear Delt Raises in a cable cross over jobby

Seated DB PCs

Voyer Shrugs

I could be wrong it, i can't actually see your shoulders but from looking at the way your arms are positioned near the top....

unless you have a bout of ILS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

so many skid marks jokes but so little time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Voyer Shrugs
    A fantastic exercise, works the back well and then the forearm later on.;)
    peeping-tom-looks-up-your-wedding-dress-this-state-says-no-biggie.jpg

Squats:
    3 x 85
    3 x 90 (belt on)
    10 x 95 (equals pb, had some in the tank)
    1 x 105
    1 x 105
    1 x 105

Overhead squats and front squats /40kg

Voyer shrugs:
    30kg x 3 x about 8

Bulgarian split squats: rear leg on db bench, front leg on reebok step
    15kg dumbells 3 x 5 per leg

Thoughts:
    good day, everything was below paralell so pretty content.
    Last day of squatting before max effort week
    Im not maxing out on shoulder press, just going to do required reps then leave it, dont wanna have doms on bench day,
    next week id like to....
    bench 80
    squat 110-115
    deadlift anything over 165 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

BO Lat Raises

Rear Delt Raises in a cable cross over jobby

Seated DB PCs

Voyer Shrugs

I could be wrong it, i can't actually see your shoulders but from looking at the way your arms are positioned near the top....

unless you have a bout of ILS

are these two not the same thing.

tried those voyer shrugs on sunday. did them wrong though.

• Advertisement

bigstar wrote: »
    are these two not the same thing.

tried those voyer shrugs on sunday. did them wrong though.

Yup pretty much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Hows your back after your bike fall??

tis grand, thanks for asking, ive had way worse falls than that one :D, to date i think its been.. 3 concussions, two broken wrists, three broken collar bones, 3 mishaps with the same tree, a tweaked neck and a broken toe, and a good few scrapes :P

Sweet jesus cardio thats a lot of sh1t, u shouldnt be allowed out of the house:rolleyes:

and you shouldnt be allowed in the gym, you go too easy on yourself :P, my logic is if you can still see perfect at the end of a set its a set wasted* :pac::pac:

*could be sarcasm*

Military Press: taking it easy, in and out in 20 minutes

MP
    5 x 42.5
    3 x 47.5
    1 x 55
    1 x 60
    1 x 62.5kg (push press)i tried to press it previously but it got stuck about 2 inches above my head.

Pull ups 3 x 5

and that be it :P . i forgot cash when i left the house so i couldnt get any red bull or anything, i really want that 62.5 :P
    took it very light today cause im testing all my maxes this week. Tommorow might be tough cause i haz detention :P

Btw , ive got the biggest pain in the ass since sunday ever! literally! my glutes have never experienced such doms!

Absolute fail of a day tbh,
    did my 5.3.1 lifts was something like
    112.5kg x 5
    127.5kg x 3
    142.5kg x 1
    160kg x 1
    170kg x 0 (shoes off)
    170kg x 0
    170kg x 0, big pile of fail right there, got it about 2 inches off the ground and couldnt get any higher
    130 x 1 (beltless)
    120 x 1
    120 x 1 sumo

Walking home in order, opened back, protein shake had spilt all over it,
    fell down a big muddy hill in sweat pants, covered in mud
    stepped in a big muddy puddle ruining my new runners...

Not a great day for eric :/

but on the plus side ive found my sticking point so its time to work past it.

So far im thinking heavy good mornings, and doing the big but boring deadlift assistance but with deadlifts to knees.

Oh id also like to thank hanley for telling me to do all my worksets off the slightly lower 20kg plates, i doubt i would have got 165 if i had been training with the 25s

Bench:
    55 X 5
    62.5 X 3
    70 x 1
    80 x 1 PB
    went up easy, i was ecstatic!
    i decided to go for 85, was feeling good, threw it on the bar, got in place, spotter was a bit late on the unracking so i had to take it out myself.
    and if anyone knows my arm length and the TF racks thats basically a floor press!
    i got it out, but disaster, my right arm slid along the bar, reracked it, chalked up, back under the bar.

Got set up well, had to floor press it again :D, was lowering the bar when i got a massive hip cramp, had to completely flatten out my arch, said screw this and went for it, got it down, counted to 2 in my head, and pressed for all that is holy! it went up, went up fast, very fast imo! so thats 85 X 1! PB

now was the dilema, i couldnt leave it at that, 85 went up too fast, i knew i was stronger than that, said screw this, 90 went on the bar, i brought it down, too fast, had to stop it above my chest then touch, paused, pushed, it went up 3 inches, then i couldnt get any further, reracked it with aide of spotter, and backed down to 87.5kg

I got set up, got comfy, took it out, brought it down, nice and slooow, got it to my chest, paused, 2 seconds, pushed, got stuck exactly half way up the lift, couldnt make it. My triceps appear to be a weak link in benching.

Im gonna say it, if i went from 80 to 87.5kg i think i would of had it. I know i would have had it..

but well, its a 15kg pr off my touch and go press so im happy :P

And for the single lifts
    WAR 90KG!!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Well done on the bench!

• Advertisement

Damn 15kg PR sweeeeeeeeeeeet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That's savage. well done! I'd kill for any sort of bench PR!

thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

grats on the PR, a 15kg increase is pretty spectacular

Vids or it didn't happen:pac:

L i was actually waiting for that, you have become predictable... And i cant video my bench sets on the good bench, theres no window sill or anything. Squats sunday morning, gonna say it here
    120kg+ or else i shall be pissed!

Btw, if this doesnt make you feel like a big bowl of awesomeness GTFO out of my log

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

i want to go training now and set new pb's after watching that vid, theres going to be a load a board members screaming "i am the champion" while lying on benches or in squat racks tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

I posted that vid ages ago, get with the times

Its brilliant tho, I even got the audio from it and play it sometimes when Im lifting

• Advertisement

podge57 wrote: »
    I posted that vid ages ago, get with the times

Its brilliant tho, I even got the audio from it and play it sometimes when Im lifting
    yea i did that myself :P very good video, makes me want to eat for some reason XD

Advertisement